• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    If you have "high end" 22lr ammo, We'd like to see brand, model, type and prices
    Our best selling brand of "high end" .22 LR ammo is SK. We get several cases every month and I struggle to keep it all in stock. I try to stock everything they make, but we are usually sold out of at least 1 or 2 types.

SK Rifle Match $102.81
    SK Long Range Match $111.22
    SK High Velocity Match $83.18
    SK Pistol Match $86.92
    SK Pistol Match Special $93.46
    SK Biathalon Sport $103.74
    SK Standard Plus $75.71

Prices are for a brick of 500 rounds and do not include sales tax. We can also break them down to boxes of 50 upon request, but most of our customers buy them by the brick.

We have lots of other types of .22 LR as well. If you are looking for something specific, I'll try to get it if I don't already have it.

Ski5252

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Greenwood
    Our best selling brand of "high end" .22 LR ammo is SK. We get several cases every month and I struggle to keep it all in stock. I try to stock everything they make, but we are usually sold out of at least 1 or 2 types.

SK Rifle Match $102.81
    SK Pistol Match $86.92
    SK Standard Plus $75.71

Prices are for a brick of 500 rounds and do not include sales tax. We can also break them down to boxes of 50 upon request, but most of our customers buy them by the brick.

We have lots of other types of .22 LR as well. If you are looking for something specific, I'll try to get it if I don't already have it.
    Haha. Well just saw this after I said post what you have. Thanks for sharing !

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    In it's day the Winchester model 52 was considered the quintessential rimfire competition rifle.
    It is still highly sought after because of it's reputation for accuracy.
    I would put more than just a little thought into keeping this rifle rather than replacing it.

Just my arrogant opinion.
    YMMV

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis

SK Rifle Match $102.81
    SK Pistol Match $86.92
    SK Standard Plus $75.71

Thank for the info.

Definitely looking into getting some sk, at least, unless there is something better available .

Also noticed you'll be at the Indianapolis National Guard Gun show this February 25-26?

Last edited:

Ski5252

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Greenwood
    In it's day the Winchester model 52 was considered the quintessential rimfire competition rifle.
    It is still highly sought after because of it's reputation for accuracy.
    I would put more than just a little thought into keeping this rifle rather than replacing it.

Just my arrogant opinion.
    YMMV
    I would definitely keep it. Just thought about getting something else for competitions. I still feel the rifle can compete. Gonna try it with new scope and ammo varieties.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I do believe the scope will help tremendously.
    A scope won't help you or any one be a better shot. All the optic will do is. Are the target bigger.
    A scope is no replacement for learning & practicing the fundamentals of marksmanship.
    Just got to figure out the most consistent rounds.
    I wish you the best of luck on this!

Ski5252

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Greenwood
    A scope won't help you or any one be a better shot. All the optic will do is. Are the target bigger.
    A scope is no replacement for learning & practicing the fundamentals of marksmanship.

I wish you the best of luck on this!
    I understand the scope won’t shoot for her. It will however, help her see and track her shot on white paper at 75 and 100 a heck of a lot better.

Ski5252

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Greenwood
    Being able to see the holes can sometimes be a distraction.

Maybe try a drill where the PoI is shifted from PoA and the group is out of view.
    We went and got her sighted in with her new scope today. She did pretty well. Gonna give it a shot again tomorrow see how it goes. If not May try something different. Thanks for input!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So not trying to thread jack but this seems like it has a very informed group following it….. my daughter is shooting a 10/22 with irons. Have not adjusted the irons yet. My question: to thoroughly clean and or modify non firing parts (mag release charging handle etc) you have to remove the gun from the stock. That won’t shift poi since the irons never come off of the barrel and receiver correct? (I know it shouldn’t theoretically but stranger things can happen)

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    So not trying to thread jack but this seems like it has a very informed group following it….. my daughter is shooting a 10/22 with irons. Have not adjusted the irons yet. My question: to thoroughly clean and or modify non firing parts (mag release charging handle etc) you have to remove the gun from the stock. That won’t shift poi since the irons never come off of the barrel and receiver correct? (I know it shouldn’t theoretically but stranger things can happen)
    Lots of Information on the 10/22 on rimfirecentral, all though several good knowledgeable people are on this forum.
    Yes you must remove the barreled action from the stock. Yes this can change your point of impact (POI) , if the barrel is touching the stock (in the barrel channel) depe5on the amount of torque you put on the take down screw when you mate the parts .
    My advise...... A) better sights, those ruger sights are OK for plinking at 25 yards. Williams or tech sights are good irons for the money. B) upgrade the trigger, the triggers are absolute rubbish. A ruger BX trigger is 2½ pounds drop in. C)the mag release a no brainer. Much easier to operate. Now you should see massive improvement with the groups and the pleasure you get from the rifle. Finally upgrade the barrel. The ruger barrels are not know to produce small groups.

Opps forget....free float the barrel, don't want the barrel touching the wood at all!! And loose the barrel band.

Aaron

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Lots of Information on the 10/22 on rimfirecentral, all though several good knowledgeable people are on this forum.
    Yes you must remove the barreled action from the stock. Yes this can change your point of impact (POI) , if the barrel is touching the stock (in the barrel channel) depe5on the amount of torque you put on the take down screw when you mate the parts .
    My advise...... A) better sights, those ruger sights are OK for plinking at 25 yards. Williams or tech sights are good irons for the money. B) upgrade the trigger, the triggers are absolute rubbish. A ruger BX trigger is 2½ pounds drop in. C)the mag release a no brainer. Much easier to operate. Now you should see massive improvement with the groups and the pleasure you get from the rifle. Finally upgrade the barrel. The ruger barrels are not know to produce small groups.

Opps forget....free float the barrel, don't want the barrel touching the wood at all!! And loose the barrel band.

Aaron
    Thank you! So I bought the archangel stock it came with a v block / barrel tensioner base. I was always under the impression a free float barrel was best. This would obviously come in contact with the barrel. Should I leave this out??

Attachments

• BB179964-7F55-4232-A824-800633BE0FE3.jpeg
      BB179964-7F55-4232-A824-800633BE0FE3.jpeg
      344.5 KB · Views: 5

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Thank you! So I bought the archangel stock it came with a v block / barrel tensioner base. I was always under the impression a free float barrel was best. This would obviously come in contact with the barrel. Should I leave this out??
    I would at least try it!!. My guess is that is in there because the entire stock is flimsy....I d k ......

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I did leave mine in the little ziplock bag it came in.

Yes, free float barrel, bedded action, the right torque on all the assembled parts, a good barrel, and a trigger job would have you on a good track

My set up has a bull barrel and the archangel stock allows it to free float in it
    b99e150563cd21a3387b0822562374cf.jpg

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

Aaron
    ^^^^ T H I S ^^^^
    My preference is to use Kidd parts when upgrading my 10/22s.

You shouldn't need to break down the rifle for cleaning after every range session. Mine get done once a year (usually when I'm bored in the winter months), every 3,000 rounds (or so), or if the action gets so gummed up from adding lube that the rifle starts to malfunction ... whichever comes first.

After cleaning and reassembling, you will want to verify zero before shooting a competition, but the most I've ever had to adjust is a click or two in any direction.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    ^^^^ T H I S ^^^^
    My preference is to use Kidd parts when upgrading my 10/22s.

You shouldn't need to break down the rifle for cleaning after every range session. Mine get done once a year (usually when I'm bored in the winter months), every 3,000 rounds (or so), or if the action gets so gummed up from adding lube that the rifle starts to malfunction ... whichever comes first.

After cleaning and reassembling, you will want to verify zero before shooting a competition, but the most I've ever had to adjust is a click or two in any direction.
    I spoke to the OP on the phone, and gave him a "tune up " about 10/22's & competition.
    I have moved away from the 10/22, in favor of the AR22, almost identical to my match rifle and service rifle...it's all about muscle memory when shooting.

This poster has brought up a touchy subject, cleaning....I would do a "spic & span" clean on the bolt & receiver, but no need to do that on a barrel (unless your rifle "leads") , even on my Anschutz, I while the bolt down, while out the raceways, pull a bore snake (no solvent) thru the barrel....I'm good to go

Top Bottom