• ...and so much more!
  • Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    She is shooting a Winchester 52. I am going to get her in some competitions. So that’s the main reason for this post. I’m sure I will end up buying several boxes of different types for comparison. Just trying to get any input for ideas on what to purchase even outside my considerations.
    I have umm numerous Winchester 52’s. They all have one flavor or other they seem to like. A bit better than others. But for consistency across the board no matter which one I’m shooting Eley Tenex seems to be the clear winner from my experiences. Benchrest Gold follows in 2nd. Lapua, SK and RWS target rifle all are very good too. As stated by others. Her rifle may prefer one over the other. Buy some of each. See how it does and go with it, you really can’t go wrong but to get maximum precision with off the shelf target ammo. You’ll have to experiment. My 2cents. Lmk if I can help in any way always glad to have a new BR/Precision shooter in the world!

Ski5252

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Greenwood
    I have umm numerous Winchester 52’s. They all have one flavor or other they seem to like. A bit better than others. But for consistency across the board no matter which one I’m shooting Eley Tenex seems to be the clear winner from my experiences. Benchrest Gold follows in 2nd. Lapua, SK and RWS target rifle all are very good too. As stated by others. Her rifle may prefer one over the other. Buy some of each. See how it does and go with it, you really can’t go wrong but to get maximum precision with off the shelf target ammo. You’ll have to experiment. My 2cents. Lmk if I can help in any way always glad to have a new BR/Precision shooter in the world!
    Thank you very much. I appreciate all the info.

Ski5252

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Greenwood
    We shot 4 different types of eley. Tenex, match, club and target. Seemed to like match best. It also loves sk rifle match. May like that even a bit better.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I haven't seen this brand mentioned here yet..

If any of you run across that nasty Wolf ammo (either loading) just skip on by and PM me where you found it please. :cool:

I use both in my NRA smallbore 100 yard gun. Stop into fcvcc.org this summer & I'll probably be the one guy in a t-shirt with a simple military loop sling trying to beat up on the gloved up Anschutz guys in their shootin' jackets and sheep lined slings. :):

Top Bottom