• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I go to Gander Mountain every now and then to look for sales and whatnot.
    Well, today I happened to see a single box of 222 .22 LR.
    That was the first time since Sandy Hook that I've seen .22 on the shelf there.
    I was pleasantly surprised.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    You're not cool if you didn't buy it all and then immediately realist it at 10x the price. Apply purple where necessary. Someone will be along shortly to rant about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Seriously though, hope you scored it at a decent price. (if you needed some). Ive seen 3 boxes of unicorn farts on the shelf since I last saw reasonably priced 22 (retail).

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Dicks (I know, I know) ran an ammo special last week.

420 rounds XM193 on stripper clips $164.99
    Remington Bucket 1600 rounds $69.99

Call me what you will but I took advantage of both.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I gave up on .22's completely. What I don't understand is how can anyone sell a .22 rifle or pistol these days when there is no ammo available.

Who said there is none available? Buy a 22 and see how fast they wave a box or 2 under your nose. Stores have to keep some in the back or they'd never sell another 22.

And Blythes in Valpo has a good supply of those bricks for $14.99. Was just there today. Nope I didn't buy them. Don't need more and won't jack up the price and resell to some desperate soul who is trying to teach his kids to shoot. Not me.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have been able to buy .22lr here and there in the last year so, last week for the first time since the craziness started I was able to buy 2000 rds at a decent price at one place. I really hope that the .22lr situation goes thebsame way as all the centerfire ammo in the near future as some of the company's that makes it from what been reading are running 24/7 to try to catch up with demand.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    What I didn't like is when I spoke to a GM sales person one time and they lamented how it is the same few guys that line up on Fridays to horde the .22s and they never see them other than that.
    I say they should hold their stock and switch it up, so the hoarders cannot count on buying everything on Friday mornings. Eventually it would not be worth it. Just my two cents.
    Anyway, I had given up on buying .22s and was happy to find them so I can shoot my Marlin Papoose soon.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I despise Gander,but I have to give them credit, i have bought about 4000rds over the last 9months there and they have not once jacked their price. 24 bucks for a 550 brick and 7.99 a sleeve for mini mags. I do not understand anyone paying the gouge price for .22

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    I gave up on .22's completely. What I don't understand is how can anyone sell a .22 rifle or pistol these days when there is no ammo available.

I gave up as well. Sold all but one of my 22s. I travel all over the country each week so I can't just go to Gander on Friday morning or "get up early" as I've been told. I've seen 22 lr twice this year: Once in Texas in May and last week there was some 22 lr at Cabelas in Rapid City. SD. CCI at $5.99 for 50 rounds. By my math that's scalper prices.

What I can't understand is where it all goes. When the retail outlets and distributers cannot even get it. there has got to be something else going on.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    FWIW. The counter guy at Gander Castleton told me the other day that 22 no longer comes on the normal truck but via FedEx and they never know when it will arrive. It's not part of the Friday morning ammo club anymore.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    FWIW. The counter guy at Gander Castleton told me the other day that 22 no longer comes on the normal truck but via FedEx and they never know when it will arrive. It's not part of the Friday morning ammo club anymore.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, suuuuuuuuuuure! I see what you're doing here! "Hey guys, no more Friday deliveries so don't waste your time on Fridays!". I see you trying to run off your competition with your squirrely rumors. I see right through you!

Hahaha!

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, suuuuuuuuuuure! I see what you're doing here! "Hey guys, no more Friday deliveries so don't waste your time on Fridays!". I see you trying to run off your competition with your squirrely rumors. I see right through you!

Hahaha!

Shhhhh....your spoiling my plans for world domination of the 22 market or was it the frozen concentrated orange juice market, I forget

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm glad you got some ammo.
    *begin GM rant*
    I called the other day and they said "We have 47 bulk boxes for 24.99 each. Come on in." Excitedly, I drove 20 minutes to get there. They had none. Damn was I pissed.
    *end GM rant*

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    OK, I'm going way out on a limb here.

Sometimes I'm left to wonder. Is it just barely possible that the 22 shortage (that has gone on for 3-4 years) could be part of a trial baloon to see what the american public will pay for a box of 22s? (keep in mind Canadians don't know there is a shortage!) After some "willing to pay price" is arrived at a new tax per box will be levied by the Obama regime and ammo will be readily available again.

I know it's a long reach but I can't otherwise understand why manufactures world wide can't meet the demand in this length of time.

mytime34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I saw a couple of videos online from 22 manufacturers and they are running 24x7 shifts, and they are shipping the 22 like crazy, but no one seems to have any. How is this possible?
    I know horders will gather it up or the Aholes that are price gouging, but no way they are selling out of millions of rounds each day.

Just my 2 cents, now back into my corner

Top Bottom