• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just heard about this new rifle cartridge from Remington. It has a rim on the case like a 30/30. I am thinking it is a standardized version of the old .357 Herret Wildcat that was made out of a 30/30 case. Sort of like the .260 Remington was a adoption of a 6.5mm X 308 Wildcat.

They say Henry will be making lever guns for it. I remember Marlin had a .444 Mariln lever gun

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just heard about this new rifle cartridge from Remington. It has a rim on the case like a 30/30. I am thinking it is a standardized version of the old .357 Herret Wildcat that was made out of a 30/30 case. Sort of like the .260 Remington was a adoption of a 6.5mm X 308 Wildcat.

They say Henry will be making lever guns for it. I remember Marlin had a .444 Mariln lever gun
    My brother (the one you know) just inherited a model 336 I believe in .444 Marlin.
    It's a vintage model and he just loves it.

Reactions: Leo

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

It's a straight walled case to make it legal to hunt deer with in states that only allow straight walled rifle cartridge. Basically, a rimmed .350 Legend, more or less.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    It ain't no .444 Marlin, that's for sure!! ;)

With Remington being the only ammo manufacturer, Henry being the only rifle maker, and the 350 Legend already having a pretty good toe hold in the market, I'm betting this will be one big old flop.

They're shooting for a very narrow market. Hunters who hunt straight-walled restrictive areas and want to shoot a levergun. Take away those two factors and there is zero use for this cartridge.

Brayh92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2023
    Owensburg
    I can't imagine this being a popular caliber. I own several rifles that came out with one manufacture making them and another making ammo and all of them phased out and are a pain to find ammo for.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I seen a Henry 360 lever gun in a small town shop recently but already built a 350L AR upper so, nope.
    I wonder if cut down 38-55 cases would pass the litmus test along the same lines that a trimmed 35 Remington does. It would need to be cut .285 or so shorter. Test at your own risk. I already own several 38-55's.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    LOL!!!! I picked up a Henry X along with every round of ammo they had. Forty rounds thru it and it’s a very accurate rifle. With everything I’ve read on the round it’s almost like they took the pros from a few older rounds and mixed them all into this one. I’m still tossing around the idea of picking up one of their brass framed models I like it that well. X model is a great rifle I just don’t care for the furniture but that will be easily fixed. No much of a story sorry lol. Now I bought a few hundred rounds of the Remington 200’s but Federal also is making ammo as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom