• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Just my thoughts. Criminals aren't buying guns from reputable dealers or individuals. They are stealing them or buying from people who are trying to unload junk guns that they can't get rid of anywhere else. They are either stealing the ammo or ditching the gun when it runs dry.

I don't know about the .380 use being on the rise. But play the odds. .380's have become very popular, more and more out there everyday. The odds are getting better that when a criminal breaks into a haouse or car to steal a gun, thast the gun will be a .380.

The same could hold true for self defense shootings. Again the odds are the .380 use will be on the rise. Small, concealable, a lot of choices, and a whole lot more people carrying all add up to a rise in numbers of shootings involving the .380

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    It always seems to me that the guns are .25 autos, but theres .380 out there too i suppose. Most gun crime can be given credit to the "ring of Fire" guns. Bryco, Lorcin, Jennings, etc. How many Jennings .22s and .25s has everyone seen? A ton. Theres always guys at the gunshows that have a whole table of them. Brand new, just waiting to be never shot and put in the sock drawer usually.

The bottom line is, criminals are poor. For various reasons. They generally need quick money, so they end up with cheap, quick access guns.

They dont save up a hunk of paycheck every 2 weeks for a Kimber. I have seen Heritage .22 revolvers. (rattled canned black for that single action "Thug" look) Sawed off single shots, .25 autos, and the criminal wave of the future, Hi Points. When Hi Point first came out they really pushed their 2 tone .380s, but not so much anymore. But you sure see a lot of them now. Better quality than a Lorcin or anything like that too, and unfortunately, wont jam....

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    it was actually the most traced firearm:
    Rank of the Lorcin 380 in the ATF's top ten most-traced firearms: 1
    frontline: hot guns: Gun Stats & Facts | PBS

Ugly gun....looks like a high point knockoff made with pot metal
    guns5.jpg

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Glock Perfection

it is a known fact that no round has stopping power unless fired from a the glock known for its perfection, among other things
    :popcorn:Glock--the only gun that can stop Chuck Norris dead in his tracks :ar15::chuck:
    glock.jpg

It's a a Vicious lie by the Media .....Any INTERNET EXPERT will tell you , The only round with the ability to kill is the .45 A.C.P.
    And that round MUST be fired from a Glock :rolleyes:

:laugh::D:ingo:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It is a known fact, that no round has self-grenade power unless fired from a the Glock, known for its Kaboom, among other things.
    :popcorn:Glock--It's the only gun that can stop Chuck Norris dead in his tracks, as long as Chuck is the one holding the Glock. :ar15::chuck:
    glock.jpg

I fixed it for ya... You can thank me later. :D

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've always thought the answer to gun related crime was cutting off sale/import of 380/32/25acp mouse guns.

I'm sure I'll catch flack for that, but it makes a lot more sense to get those guns off the market than all of the tacticool competition/target weapons that you never see used in any kind of crimes.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I've always thought the answer to gun related crime was cutting off sale/import of 380/32/25acp mouse guns.

I'm sure I'll catch flack for that, but it makes a lot more sense to get those guns off the market than all of the tacticool competition/target weapons that you never see used in any kind of crimes.

I think it would be interesting to follow the flow of a gun from the factory into the hands of a criminal. I really wonder what the breakdown would look like in percentages. They are stolen, bought from legal gun owners who don't check for criminal backgrounds, gun shows, crooked gun dealers, loopholes in importation (black market importing), pawn shops, the list goes on. I wonder if there is an overwhelming majority coming through one channel- and if cutting that one channel off would really only go to make it spring up at another. I think of the movie Lord of War.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Is there really anything cheaper than a .380 that will make holes in both sides of a milk jug?

Also, if I recall correctly, didn't some guy that "just likes to sell guns" make his fortune selling Davis .380's for $119 when the MSRP was $99? Remember those chrome Davs .380 autos? I can't imagine how many are in circulation here in Indiana.
    nope you are wrong.:n00b:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    The 380's are cheap & easy to get. My Future X bought a new S&W 380 Bodyguard at the Muncie gun show yesterday for under $400 with accessories. We got Fiocchi brand bullets for it at MC Sports in Muncie for $13.99 for 50 95GRS bullets. Future X chose this gun because it is small & easy to conceal. I imagine this is why the bad guys like them too.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Criminals will use whatever they can get, be it from burglary, black market, junkies trading them for drugs ect. They will use anything from a 22LR to a 500 magnum if they can get their hands on it. IMHO.

Incidentally I have a few family members in L.E and one told me the times he or someone else arrested someone with a gun it was mostly always a Hi Point of some kind, mostly the 380 or 9mm model.

Top Bottom