• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Never heard of LRB of Long Island, nor of the apparent manufacturer of these lowers, "JV Precision Machine" of Seymour, CT.

With lowers of proven quality being routinely available for as low as $70.00, why take a chance? :dunno:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Because I can never find them for 70, and when I do it's plus 10-20 dollars in shipping, and a transfer fee. I know I'm probably dreaming here, but im hoping some enterprising dealer in Indiana could organize this. Catch one shipping charge that can be spread throughout all the lowers ( if only 30 are ordered an shipping is 100 dollars that means a shipping cost of $3 per lower) and if said dealer could be talked I to doing transfers for between $10-20 dollar the total cost is right around $70, and not $100 per lower. Which saves me $90. And as I am not going to be putting my life on the line with these guns I am
    Willing to risk a few issues to save 100 dollars

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Because I can never find them for 70, and when I do it's plus 10-20 dollars in shipping, and a transfer fee. I know I'm probably dreaming here, but im hoping some enterprising dealer in Indiana could organize this. Catch one shipping charge that can be spread throughout all the lowers ( if only 30 are ordered an shipping is 100 dollars that means a shipping cost of $3 per lower) and if said dealer could be talked I to doing transfers for between $10-20 dollar the total cost is right around $70, and not $100 per lower. Which saves me $90. And as I am not going to be putting my life on the line with these guns I am
    Willing to risk a few issues to save 100 dollars

I'm all for getting the most for your money, but that seems like you are asking quite a bit for very little upside for the FFL, unless someone else actually organizes it and handles as much of the logistics as possible for the FFL. Shooter will know much more than I on the topic, but that's my opinion.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I would be willing to help as I am able. But for me it sounds like an fairly easy 600 dollars in transfer fees. But that will be up to a dealer to decide.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I did some searching and found several sites where people had used LRB lowers. Didn't find any negative opinions, builders seem to like them. No complaints about fitting to uppers, one guy had a BCM upper mounted on his. If ANYONE is in spec, BCM is.

I'd be interested in one myself if something can be worked out.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have purchased cheap lowers before and regret not spending the extra 20-30 on a quality lower. Especially if you have "more than you need" and think about selling someday, the no name makes it a bit tougher.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I buy $130 dollar Noveske lowers. On a 2000 dollar gun, saving 50 bucks on a lower doesnt really make sense eh?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The rifle I am building now is going to be under $600, still shoul dhave spent the extra $40 and got a RRA lower. Just my opinion though, and you could get a good lower for cheap. I didn't though so I learned my lesson. My :twocents:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Where are there cheap Novekse lowers?... I would like one! As far a cheap lowers go as long as you can find some reviews on them and people have no complaints who cares. I have a few Anvil Arms lowers floating around that I liked the picture on them, and had good reviews so I picked up several. No regrets here!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Surplus Arms lowers I saw I think it was Bradis had them for a good price, and also sometimes AIM surplus has them around the same price, but gotta factor in shipping and transfer fees vs. gas and sales tax...

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I buy $130 dollar Noveske lowers. On a 2000 dollar gun, saving 50 bucks on a lower doesnt really make sense eh?

Where are there cheap Novekse lowers?... I would like one! As far a cheap lowers go as long as you can find some reviews on them and people have no complaints who cares. I have a few Anvil Arms lowers floating around that I liked the picture on them, and had good reviews so I picked up several. No regrets here!

This is what I'm saying! I've heard several people say this about Noveske lowers. I didn't think Noveske was making and selling just lowers anymore? If they are where is everyone getting them so cheap? I know you might be able to find some shopping around, but where for $130?

Top Bottom