• ...and so much more!
  • Big Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Downtown
    Lesson Learned

Concerning the non-dominant hand shooting, I was using an HK USP Compact. I laid the pistol on the ground with the safety on. Picking up the pistol with my non-dominant hand and using only my left thumb to release a non-ambidextrous safety was a real trick. It taught me to practice the unexpected, and the difficult.

I will also agree with others that the use of the dummy rounds is the most frustrating experience there is, especially if you run into more than one dummy round per mag. The use of the dummy rounds taught me to deal with the frustrations that can come up in the calmest manner possible.

Bottom line, I learned MINDSET over all other things and practice for the unexpected.

Thanks Shay.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    [Fred Sanford] You big dummy! [/Fred Sanford]

Steve would know they prefer "intellectually challenged", he's around folks like that all day long. hehe

Seriously, though...this is something that I NEED to consider doing for myself in the relatively near future. Perhaps when my soon-to-be-bride is in the midst of volleyball coaching this fall I MIGHT have the time (and resources?) for some training.

-J-

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    There is a ton of information on this thread and checking FAQ's did answer a couple of my questions. Thanks

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Holy old thread, Batman!

holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

But still, it was a good read.

Top Bottom