• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    No sugar cream pie for me! But the others I have done... I feel like with a little thought the list could be better though!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Head to the DMV was only a thing a decade ago. They actually have it running pretty good now. Part of that is the reduced load of online renewals and such. I was a Hoosier 30 years ago, I guess. The last one was trying the pie.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    No Dunes for me, so 6/7. I do get the +1 for a Tenderloin (my all-time favorite sandwich), and the +1 for persimmon pudding (Covered Bridge Festival in Rockville, made by the boy scouts).

I can't be sure of the gooseberry cobbler, I've eaten tons of *berry cobblers in my 44.5 years.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There is a song equating persimmon pudding to being a Hoosier and fried tenderloin is far more ubiquitous than sugar crème pie so either would have been a better food choice for the list.

Last I checked, persimmons only grow in the southern part of the state... we all know that sugar & cream can be found everywhere in the state!!!

Lol

I had never even heard of persimmon pudding until I moved south...

Persimmons are hardy to zone 4 which extends to central Minnesota. Of course there are only about 2 dozen trees total in northern IN so not surprised you didn't see many up there, lol.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think I can say I have done all 7 if time trials count for the Indy 500. I don't really remember much of that since my ex-husband had put my head into the windshield and gave me a concussion on the way there when he rear ended several vehicles at a light right before turning into the track. Of course, we had to go to the time trials and sit in the hot sun BEFORE we went to the ER to get me checked.

I am not a fan of sugar cream pie and have only had it a couple of times.

I lived a mile from the dunes so went all the time...great place to just walk and clear your head.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    5/7, never been to dunes, never learned to shoot a gun.

I agree 100% that persimmon pudding should replace the pie. Putting up square bales (along with detassling corn) are strong contenders for the list.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have some work to do, I have done nothing on that list besides shooting guns. :(

I've been to the motor speedway but not during a race.
    Also I'm surprised Brown County State Park is not on the list instead of the dunes.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    4/7.

I live right down the road from the dunes, so that's a given. The wife has dragged me to a farmer's market or two. One has to go the the BMV on occasion. Guns, duh.

The Indy 500 is the same weekend as the Springfield Mile, easy decision to watch motorcycles over cars.

Pie? No.

Fair? Hell no.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I'm 6/7 guess I had better get to the dunes.

Wick's sugar cream is the best, love Tenderloin, and I've been to the race 21 times.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have some work to do, I have done nothing on that list besides shooting guns. :(

Also I'm surprised Brown County State Park is not on the list instead of the dunes.

Next time you're here, we'll help you knock as many off that list as we can.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Here's the deal, the folks in Northern Indiana don't have much. They are pretty much down to "The Dunes" and "Da Region", so throw them a bone and pretend to be impressed by at least one of them.

Top Bottom