• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    How about a Kel-Tec PF9 or Ruger LC9? I have shot both and liked them....
    I'm open to a Ruger LC9, handled one at the shop and liked it but I've heard some reliability issues with them. No experience or information on the PF9.

I have the Bersa BP9CC its been plenty reliable and its super nice to carry. I forget I have it on sometimes. Cheap(ish) as well.
    Not so worried about price [as evidenced by me being a Sig man] but cheap is always nice. Will have to give it a look.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I'm open to a Ruger LC9, handled one at the shop and liked it but I've heard some reliability issues with them. No experience or information on the PF9.

Not so worried about price [as evidenced by me being a Sig man] but cheap is always nice. Will have to give it a look.
    I think the PF9 is a good pistol. The one I shot the guy bought snap caps and dry fired it a couple hundred times to break the trigger in. It was surprisingly accurate and not as harsh to shoot as some claim. I was actually more accurate with it than the LC9 I shot but didn't get a lot of trigger time with it. The LC9 is more refined but is more expensive than the PF9. That being said, I think my next purchase will be the PF9. There is just something about it that I really liked (and the average price of $250 is kinda nice too)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Not so worried about cost as much as reliability although I would love to get some trigger time on all of the options before "pulling the trigger" on a specific model. I am still partial to Sig though, love my Sig :).

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I think the PF9 is a good pistol. The one I shot the guy bought snap caps and dry fired it a couple hundred times to break the trigger in. It was surprisingly accurate and not as harsh to shoot as some claim. I was actually more accurate with it than the LC9 I shot but didn't get a lot of trigger time with it. The LC9 is more refined but is more expensive than the PF9. That being said, I think my next purchase will be the PF9. There is just something about it that I really liked (and the average price of $250 is kinda nice too)

Price and fit in her hand were big reasons my wife went with the PF-9. Recoil is a little snappy, but its not uncontrollable. As long as she isnt shooting +p ammo in it, she can keep double taps within a respectable group on a 50% b-27 target at 7 yards. It certainly isnt a Sig, but for the money, its a pretty good option to consider.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    I carry my Glock 17 and looked into a smaller ccw and found that I like the Taurus pt709 slim the best, after some sight adjustments, I love it!!!!!!

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've been very pleased with my Kahr CM9. It goes just about everywhere with me and even after a year of carrying it I am still surprised at how shoot-able it is for a pocket pistol. I had a PF9 before it but it was too thin for my hands and I found it difficult to get a good grip on it. The Kahr is a little thicker and gives me something to grab ahold of.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I carry a 9mm Sig P226 regularly, or when I'm on my motorcycle my 9mm XDm 3.8. I'm looking at getting something a tad smaller (but still 9mm) that will be a little easier to conceal for the few occasions that I need to (i.e. being in the hospital or family events where I simply don't feel like debating).

I'm partial to Sig, but I'm open to other **quality** manufacturers. Any suggestions?

Sig 938 if you are partial to sig. I handled one at the national NRA convention. I would not call it flashy or showy.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Kahr has some nice 9mm small pistols like the CW-9 and the CM-9

+1, AND the Kahr's are point and click devices, just like the OP's P-series SIGs.

If you're used to SIGs, going with something that has a manual so-called "safety" lever could set you up for a situation there you forget to disengage it (unless you just run with it "off").

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    2daegbm.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You can't go wrong with the XD. I have the 5" barrel and I love it.
    Already have an XDm-9 3.8, looking for something a little more compact for when I have to conceal for extended periods. I have a nice IWB holster for the XDm but would prefer something with a single stack (i.e. thinner grip) for concealment.

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    +1 on the Kahr as well. I carry a CM9. Very small and light. Long heavy trigger pull. Point and shoot. Pretty accurate for a light 3" barrel. And cheap.

I do plan on getting a sig 938 at some point.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    While you are checking a variety of shooters to conceal, look at the Ruger SR 9C for another option. Comfortable to carry concealed (with the 10 rd mag) nice trigger pull, smooth, accurate and feels nice in the hand. Not as small or light as a PF9, but feels more natural to me. Also comes with extended 17 rd mag. Might want to pick one up and check the feel, the trigger pull and its features..:)

Ruger® SR9c

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Walther PPS, you'll thank me later. I like Kahrs, but not the trigger reset. Beretta Nano or XDs sound like good contenders as well.

Top Bottom