A friend wanted to go gun shopping last weekend..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    If a friend says he/she wants to go gun shopping don't do it, it's a trap you will end up buying a gun and not them. A friend of mine said he wanted to go gun shopping this past weekend which we did at Plainfield Shooting Supply. He was looking for something for home defense and wasn't quite sure what he wanted. After looking around for a little bit I found a Sig Mosquito I just had to have. I'm happy with it and it peformed perfectly. The service at the gun shop was great I would buy another gun from them and their prices were very good.:yesway:

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I looked at a Sig Mosquito and thought it would make a great backup gun. It's on the radar but not a must have.

We live in a time where people who are on the fence about guns, home protection, etc. may need our help. We take for granted what we do and how well we do it. We are still the minority so if someone asks, help 'em out. Be patient too. Gun shops are intimidating to first timers for some reason. Maybe start at a Gander or something like that and then go to a gun only shop. If they ask to go with you to the range with their new gun, go. It's not a cheap process and they won't believe you when you tell them one 50 round box will be gone in minutes.

I feel we have an obligation to pass on the love and skill. Leave the cash and cards at home. :D

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    OK- so you go with your friend and fall in to the trap. Buy something unexpected.

Then, in a couple days you run across something you've been looking for.

Question- what is the minimum waiting period to purchase 2 handguns?

I thought you could purchase a long gun and 1 hand gun at a single purchase. But, if you purchased 2 handguns, it required more paperwork/forms and possible hassles.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Yeah, my "friend" lured me into that a couple of months ago. Sure it was going to be a nice trip to the 1500 so he could find some AR accessories. Riiiight, I walked out with an SR9c.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My "friend" was looking for a new shotgun to duck/goose hunt with. I used that "willpower" to keep from buying one just to keep up with the Jones's. But in fairness, I did help him... I sent him to Andrew at Profire for a new Benelli Super Black Eagle II. :D Thats what I do for friends. :): Now if his wife finds out how much it really costs, he might be buying me one to keep from telling her!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    If he was any kind of friend he would have bought one, too.

It's like the old saying "a friend is someone that will bail you out of jail at 3am", when the reality is if they were any kind of friend, they would be in jail WITH you at 3am.

Top Bottom