A friend wanted to go gun shopping last weekend..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tuesday Shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    It's not a trap, you're leading by example. Your "new to guns" friend needs a gun, it's an intimidating process the first time. You're just showing him how it's done.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This is why I prefer to shop alone. It's easier to talk myself [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE]...er...out of buying.
    Yeah, "out of".

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I ran into a similar problem.
    I found a Black Friday deal on a gun safe that I just could not pass up. Brought it home and set it up, only to realize I now have "open" slots in my new safe.

I'll need to address that issue.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I ran into a similar problem.
    I found a Black Friday deal on a gun safe that I just could not pass up. Brought it home and set it up, only to realize I now have "open" slots in my new safe.

I'll need to address that issue.

I thought that's how you're supposed to shop for a safe...? :dunno:
    I upgraded in September.
    Bought a USMC sticker for a hundred bucks. It was discounted because it had a Stack On stuck to the back... :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just went through this myself. Took my sister gun shopping and while neither of us went with the intention of bringing something home, we both ended up with a new gun. Her's was her first gun and mine was my more than first gun.

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    The same thing happened to me at the same gun store...TWICE! I went in to show a friend and I bought and gun...he did not. Then, 2 weeks later we went again and I bought another gun...he did not. From now on I'm just going to go by myself.:): Seriously, I had such great service and expertise from Plainfield Shooting Supplies that I will go back with or without a friend.

Jetrefz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Indianapolis
    sounds like me at the auction. ended up buying a bunch of ammo. some of the ammo is for 308 and tokarev 7.62 x 25 and i dont own either of these. it did come with some 12 gauge ammo which i can use though. I picked up a nice over under and still havent found the browning i am looking for but maybe this weekend

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yeah, my "friend" lured me into that a couple of months ago. Sure it was going to be a nice trip to the 1500 so he could find some AR accessories. Riiiight, I walked out with an SR9c.

So you are saying he did you a favor... :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have all been down this path. Everyone has an addictive side and right now my addiction is located anywhere they sell guns, ammo and accessory's.
    I have to stay away from Plainfield shooters supply. I have been there 4 times this year and have 4 new guns.

Top Bottom