• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Good Lord, I've carried my off-duty gun AIWB for almost 20 years now as I've found it the best fit for me. But I don't disparage anyone who carries in another fashion. I'm not sure where you guys are placing your guns when you try AIWB but mine has always sat in the crease between the boys and my thigh. When I stand up and when I sit down, it is pointed towards the void between my groin and thigh. Maybe if you had a significant belly that changes. Is this the same "dangerous" label for the Smartcarry holsters, the shoulder holsters that point the gun behind you towards the public, the shoulder holster that points down so when you sit it cants just enough to point at your femoral artery, or a SOB holster that lasers everyone next to you? AIWB is just as valid and as safe as other common methods of carry.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Good Lord, I've carried my off-duty gun AIWB for almost 20 years now as I've found it the best fit for me. But I don't disparage anyone who carries in another fashion. I'm not sure where you guys are placing your guns when you try AIWB but mine has always sat in the crease between the boys and my thigh. When I stand up and when I sit down, it is pointed towards the void between my groin and thigh. Maybe if you had a significant belly that changes. Is this the same "dangerous" label for the Smartcarry holsters, the shoulder holsters that point the gun behind you towards the public, the shoulder holster that points down so when you sit it cants just enough to point at your femoral artery, or a SOB holster that lasers everyone next to you? AIWB is just as valid and as safe as other common methods of carry.

I was in a rifle class once carrying my pistol OWB, the instructor came up to me at one point and said that a couple of the students were worried about this because when I would go prone I was muzzling the people behind me, I kid you not.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    Like I posted earlier, I'm not going to get in a argument .

Then why are you trying so hard?

....It makes no difference to me of he was found guilty of a felony or a plea bargained for misdemeanor.

Clearly it does - you keep mentioning it...

....And I will add depending on what State he is in he still I don't believe he can even be around firearms.

So what your saying is, given the fact that we KNOW he is not a FELON, that you believe that the misdemeanor charges he was found guilty of are so extreme to limit his ability to be around firearms thus the following has occurred:

1. The federal government has issued him a FFL without doing a back ground check?
    2. He is knowingly and intentionally violating the law and is so ignorant as to post it on the interweb?

Please articulate as to what your position is based on reference his inability to be around firearms.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I was in a rifle class once carrying my pistol OWB, the instructor came up to me at one point and said that a couple of the students were worried about this because when I would go prone I was muzzling the people behind me, I kid you not.

Depends on the holster I suppose. Crap quality or soft supple nylon or leather holster that's been worn in over the years?... I'm guessing yours was rigid, but understand that there could be cause for concern. In fact several rifle classes don't allow sidearms on the line.

As to aiwb, I like it because it is comfortable. There's no 'one carry method fits all scenarios', but aiwb fits less scenarios than others for me. Not slamming anyone for carrying so. I just thought it odd that he he was more focused on body type and making fun of elmer fudd's in an attempt to defend the cons, than he was of givings the pros.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Depends on the holster I suppose. Crap quality or soft supple nylon or leather holster that's been worn in over the years?... I'm guessing yours was rigid, but understand that there could be cause for concern. In fact several rifle classes don't allow sidearms on the line.

Other than Appleseed . . . which others?

There's no way a fat guy could AIWB carry... its unpossible!

Agreed! It could NEVER HAPPEN.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    Maybe in sunny AZ where you rarely wear a jacket or coat that might have a draw string get into your trigger guard then sure, go ahead and point it at your junk.

Until holsters get little AR500 bullet deflectors built in then I'll avoid the possible, if not very rare chance of losing my burrito.

I don't understand this post. Do you tuck your adjustable bungees into your pants or something? I've worn a flexible rain layer with/without multiple layers underneath and appendix carried and it's never been a safety issue. You're flagging yourself all the time when you IWB carry anyway so if you don't practice then yeah you're probably gonna shoot yourself in the glute, tailbone, sausage, femoral artery, etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...You're flagging yourself all the time when you IWB carry anyway so if you don't practice then yeah you're probably gonna shoot yourself in the glute, tailbone, sausage, femoral artery, etc.

A gun in a proper holster is not "flagging" anything. You do not have to point your gun at yourself to re-holster it, regardless of where you carry on your belt. If a conscious effort is made to NOT point the gun at yourself it is achievable. The problem some folks fall into is complacency. If one gives into the "always pointing gun at yourself to re-holster," it becomes normal to point your gun at yourself as rutine.

There is certainly argument about appendix carry re-holstering while sitting, but the simple answer is to stand up to re-holster.

I remove all drawstrings and bungies from the waist of everything. No reason to risk some loose crap getting into trigger guard. Getting the gun in holster without shirt is often a concern anyway, further complication is unacceptable.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Revere's Riders :)

I know there was a LD range I was looking at which had similar rules but cannot remember for the life of me now.

Also Atterbury :D

Revere's Riders got their rules from their progenitor.

Atterbury is a military base.

There aren't any defensive carbine/rifle courses of which I am aware that disallow sidearms. Given that many incorporate transitions to and from the handgun, it would be a little silly to ban handguns.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I would like to carry appendix.
    I have tried it multiple times.
    N82 tactical holster.
    It just plain prints so much worse than 3 or 4 o clock that I keep going back to that.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would like to carry appendix.
    I have tried it multiple times.
    N82 tactical holster.
    It just plain prints so much worse than 3 or 4 o clock that I keep going back to that.
    How do you know how it prints less at 3-4, unless you're wearing Affliction shirts that only come in one size, TOO SMALL, appendix carry is the MOST concealable means with which to carry, save having someone else carry your gun. If your belly dunlapped, it will be a little more challenging. My belly is pre-Dunlap, but I appendix carry a G-19w/RMR, a spare mag, and a fixed blade knife under a T-shirt EVERYDAY. I use a Dale Fricke Arch Angel AIWB holster. I do this today when cold with pants, and yesterday when kinda warm in shorts and a t-shirt. But, the moral of the story is, if you can't conceal AIWB, you're fooling yourself thinking that 3-4- or 5 is actually concealment?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Not necessarily. I've got a 32 waist, and I find the butt of my pistol hangs out past my obliques. In a 4:30-ish carry, the butt hangs in toward the small of my back. I would like to try a Dale Fricke, but as of yet, I can't come close with appendix carry. And I've done a lot of experimenting and moving around in front of mirrors.

Not all body types are the same. That's why different products work for different people.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not necessarily. I've got a 32 waist, and I find the butt of my pistol hangs out past my obliques. In a 4:30-ish carry, the butt hangs in toward the small of my back. I would like to try a Dale Fricke, but as of yet, I can't come close with appendix carry. And I've done a lot of experimenting and moving around in front of mirrors.

Not all body types are the same. That's why different products work for different people.
    My waist is way more than 32, and I don't dance around in front of mirrors making sure I don't print. If your chest is bigger than your waist, appendix will hide a gun better than any other means. Even if your waist is bigger than your chest, appendix is still easier to conceal with. I like Fricke Holsters, but there are others that work, it's not a hardware problem, it's again, a software problem. Appendix carry, or hell, just carry, involves way more than a gun, holster, and belt. Clothing choice, be it material, cut, fabric, or print, makes a YUGE difference. There are self professed FAT GUYS on here that can manage AIWB, and I'll bet if you asked them, they will say it's easier to conceal in the appendix position. I'm not even delving into the FoF realm, that will prove that there is no faster, or better, way to carry your firearm. FoF classes cost me thousands in behind the hip holsters that had to be replaced after finding it was simply impossible to draw when someone is laying on top of you. As always, YMMV

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Exactly what I am trying to say. Your Mileage May Vary. So if someone comes to a different conclusion than you, that doesn't make them wrong or stupid. Their mileage varies from yours. I didn't have to waste thousands to come to that conclusion.

Top Bottom