• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    If he gets arrested again, he will only be allowed one more occurance before he gets his final warning before being fired.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I dont give 3 ****s if he is LEO or civilian, he needs to go to jail for a while since he didnt learn the first 2 times, that you CANT drink and drive.

LEOSA will allow him to carry into Ohio, there is no felony, that was a BS charge. As for DWI, OVI, whatever the hell they call it, they will have to have taken a blood sample at the station and have it tested. If positive, then lock his ass up, and this time make the DWI a felony, not a misdemeanor that he can get out of again.

INGunGuy

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I dont give 3 ****s if he is LEO or civilian, he needs to go to jail for a while since he didnt learn the first 2 times, that you CANT drink and drive.

LEOSA will allow him to carry into Ohio, there is no felony, that was a BS charge. As for DWI, OVI, whatever the hell they call it, they will have to have taken a blood sample at the station and have it tested. If positive, then lock his ass up, and this time make the DWI a felony, not a misdemeanor that he can get out of again.

INGunGuy

LEOSA explicitly does not apply to a LEO who is "under the influence of alcohol". LEO's need to be very careful about any drinking with a firearm if they are outside their home state.

Best,

Joe

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    If the guy was drunk he needed to be arrested. And if it is his 3rd OWI he should have been fired after at least number two and probably number 1. The news cast said alcohol related trouble. Not sure what that meant. No excuse for that type behavior.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    3rd offense in 3 years and him being a cop, sorry pal but you need to loose your job and serve some time. Generally I am all about finding alternatives to jail/prison and firing someone for a 'minor' offense but this is bogus. I would have put him on probation after his 1st offense and given him the chance to redeem himself if he wanted to keep his job.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    LEOSA explicitly does not apply to a LEO who is "under the influence of alcohol". LEO's need to be very careful about any drinking with a firearm if they are outside their home state.

Best,

Joe

Joe,

Yep, you are right. Not that I didnt believe you, but I looked up LEOSA, and I really like how they have ALMOST unfettered access to carry a gun.

INGunGuy

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    LEOs should be able to carry in any state without question.. its ridiculous that they cant carry in other states, ie new york. handgun permits should be recognized like drivers licenses imo.. but thats a whole other problem..

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    LEOs should be able to carry in any state without question.. its ridiculous that they cant carry in other states, ie new york. handgun permits should be recognized like drivers licenses imo.. but thats a whole other problem..

Really? Have you seen some of these small town officers whose uncle is the mayor?

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    but does it allow them to carry in cities like chicago and new york?

everything ive ever been told is that states like illinois dont even officially recognize other LEOs rights to carry. now law and enforcement may be two separate things.. which they normally are.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    3rd time he definately needs some punishment. He also needs to be prayed for. He obviously has some deeper issues.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana

everything ive ever been told is that states like illinois dont even officially recognize other LEOs rights to carry. now law and enforcement may be two separate things.. which they normally are.

§ 926B. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified law enforcement officers

(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any political subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection (b).
    (b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that— (1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or
    (2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.

(c) As used in this section, the term “qualified law enforcement officer” means an employee of a governmental agency who— (1) is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest;
    (2) is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;
    (3) is not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency;
    (4) meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;
    (5) is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and
    (6) is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.

(d) The identification required by this subsection is the photographic identification issued by the governmental agency for which the individual is employed as a law enforcement officer.
    (e) As used in this section, the term “firearm” does not include— (1) any machinegun (as defined in section 5845 of the National Firearms Act);
    (2) any firearm silencer (as defined in section 921 of this title); and
    (3) any destructive device (as defined in section 921 of this title).

I see nothing in the LEOSA that would preclude LEO from carrying in NYC, Illinois, wherever they want, with FEW restrictions. What is really funny is that my Aunt is VERY anti-gun, and one of their best friends in the world is LEO, and because she is so anti-gun, that her and my uncle tell him to leave it at home, they dont allow anyone to have firearms in their home. Well their home, their rules, and this is one case where LEOSA would not come into play, and the LEO must comply with the homeowners wishes. Oh and he doesnt care, as my aunt has told me before, it is a non-issue.

INGunGuy

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County

There's been a couple of cases where a LEO was arrested for carrying a gun out of state, all were thrown out because of LEOSA. One in New York city and one in Sturgis South Dakota. The one in NY a Pennsylvania officer was serving a warrent and the NYPD arrested him. The one in Sturgis an officer shot a Hells Angel member that had pulled a gun on him. In that one three police officers and one fireman were arrested I believe. The charges against the LEO were thrown out by the court and the fireman had to go to trial. Don't know the outcome.

Top Bottom