• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have no sympathy for people who drink and drive. My dad was arrested for DUI either 10 or 11 times. He never spent any time (longer than 3 days) in jail for it. The money that was spent on his defense caused our family of 6 to suffer. The property damage he caused had my parents in debt for almost 6 years after one of his nights out.

There should be no outs for someone who is guilty. If you are drinking and driving (yes I've done it) and get caught, you deserve what ever you get.

This is more of a rant than a post about this LEOs issues and I apologize.

Man I agree with you 100% OWI's are just a big dollar lawyer game with no consequences. I arrested a guy two times for OWI in a one year span. He was still driving with a valid license when he crossed a center line at 4:30 in the afternoon on his 3rd one. I was the first unit on the scene when he hit a guy head on and killed him. Our drunk driver was walking around looking at the van he had been driving and whining about how his boss was gonna be pissed for him wrecking a company van. This was while the injured guy was breathing his last breaths. This dumb a-- never once walked over and checked on the mortally injured guy. The deceased was a hard working guy coming home from work. Not that I would have ever done it but I kept thinking about some street justice. The idiot got 12 years but it took him killing someone first. I was so ticked I couldn't see straight.

Sorry about the rant but the OWI stuff is frustrating. 1st time OWI should not be dealt with harshly. Most people learn after one. As for the repeat offenders,they need harsh sentences IMO. We had a officer that got a OWI in his squad car off duty. He resigned in place of being fired. Most agency's deal with their people severely for getting OWI's as they should.:twocents:

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    This officer (presumably "former police officer") needs a good spanking by a judge, and then his chief should be also be cashiered. If this is the third time around for this loser, I don't understand why he would still have a job. At our shop, you get whacked once, and you're out the door.

And also this cretin had the immense stupidity to carry a firearm also while drunk.

It's officers like this that give us all a black eye, in addition to a kick in the gonads.

Sheesh.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Second time he was in a ditch, not driving, when found. Was charged with public intox. Seems like they were trying to give the guy an opportunity to pull his head out of his you know what. Ohio being as strict as they are, and this being a third strike in a pretty short time, I'm gonna take a wild guess that this'll be the last one for him as a LEO. I do hope he takes this as a wake up call, as he should have on the first one, and gets his poop together.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Top Bottom