A lot of flakes in the classified section. People back out like crazy!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob ... **SIGH** ... you're living in a fantasy world. There's nothing wrong with living in a fantasy world ... it is what it is. Maybe a result of smoking too many tires? Were the tires a gateway to harder things that caused you to lose your way?
    If my tires are smoking I’m doing it wrong.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Ok. In all fairness there are 3 active mods in this forum. There are more but :dunno: so if you guys think we can as volunteer staff read every post in the forum especially the classifieds then you might want to try it sometime. It’s just not possible. And I have had members argue with me about this.
    There is a report button at the bottom of every post that if you think it’s off the mark then report it. That obligates us to have a look. If an ad is outside the lines we will deal with it.
    People come up with any and all sorts of ways to sell their junk and hope to make money on it. We can’t catch them all.
    People tend to forget:
    What is worth $500 to one may be worth $400 to someone else, irreverent of what the “market” price is.
    It may be worth it to the buyer or seller to take the supposed $100 hit to make the deal
    If you don’t like the price/trade options, don't get involved
    A sucker is born every minute
    Living in NW IN, the time zone is something I always verify for meetings
    This is the last bump for this post and the final price drop as this post has never been fired, is lnib and is a safe queen.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Ok. In all fairness there are 3 active mods in this forum. There are more but :dunno: so if you guys think we can as volunteer staff read every post in the forum especially the classifieds then you might want to try it sometime. It’s just not possible. And I have had members argue with me about this.
    There is a report button at the bottom of every post that if you think it’s off the mark then report it. That obligates us to have a look. If an ad is outside the lines we will deal with it.
    People come up with any and all sorts of ways to sell their junk and hope to make money on it. We can’t catch them all.
    I am aware of a highly respected member who would be available for a mod position. Let me know and I might be able to hook you up with him!
    1647779813486.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I read through page 6 so far, and I figured as long as there's some whining about the classifieds, I might as well whine too.

Can someone explain this thing to me?

"For sale: Gun A. $400 cash. Will trade for gun B. Trade value $500."

WITAF is that about? So if you were to sell gun A for $400 cash, and wanted to buy gun B which has a fair market value of $500, would you expect to get it for $400?

It really makes no sense to me. Fair market value is fair market value. Cash price is the same as trade price. Why would it be any different?
    Cash is more useful and versatile than some other gun, so has a higher value as well as perhaps seller knows people tend to overvalue their trades

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob ... **SIGH** ... you're living in a fantasy world. There's nothing wrong with living in a fantasy world ... it is what it is. Maybe a result of smoking too many tires? Were the tires a gateway to harder things that caused you to lose your way?
    No, he said he 'smoked a wheel' - in Michigan. I figured cheddar or baby swiss

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I haven’t seen a listing like this but yeah, it should be tit for tat IMO. I have made a few trade/sell offers but it always ended up in a straight sale.

I have done an even trade though before.

As far as putting out feelers, I’m okay with that but keep it out of the classifieds and include it in a thread that is related.

That said I know what I have.
    Please don't mention 'low-balling' unless you're SURE Printcraft is offline
    You could use UTC (co-ordinated universal time), just ask jamil how (sometime when you have A LOT of time to read)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    LOL, that's my point. Why would I trade a $500 gun for a $400 gun? You want my $500 gun, you're going to have to trade me your $400 gun and give me $100 cash. I don't get why someone would expect their gun to have a higher trade value than cash value.
    I asked why a guy wats to trade like this, but will not take cash and just buy what he wants.

I was told some just want to trade because then they don’t have to tell a spouse they got another gun or such silliness…

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    People tend to forget:
    What is worth $500 to one may be worth $400 to someone else, irreverent of what the “market” price is.
    It may be worth it to the buyer or seller to take the supposed $100 hit to make the deal
    If you don’t like the price/trade options, don't get involved
    A sucker is born every minute
    This is the last bump for this post and the final price drop as this post has never been fired, is lnib and is a safe queen.
    You hit the nail on the head-what something is "worth' is simply what you can get someone to actually pay for it. Period.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

This is important, especially if you have a tendency to complain about members in the classifieds not acting like you'd wish. Use that report button.

The mods cant read every single post, that's where we come in. You are not a snitch or rat for reporting questionable posts! You are just assisting with the site moderation.

A little FYI; You will most likely not see any results of "offenders" getting slapped down. Once in a while, you will see a post removed or changed, but for the most part our excellent mods work behind the scenes, communicating with members.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Don't forget this site is a business for the owner. The classifieds are a huge draw for people.
    Draw people in with the classifieds. Take their money to get early access to the classifieds. Whine when they just use the classifieds and aren't looking for friends. Ban them if they get snarky.

Sounds like a hell of a business model. I didn't go to Wharton or anything, but I think they call this a "bait-and-switch" in the business world.

Google:

G.PNG

Bing:

b.PNG

Duck Duck Go:

d.PNG

What's a new member supposed to think?

:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Draw people in with the classifieds. Take their money to get early access to the classifieds. Whine when they just use the classifieds and aren't looking for friends. Ban them if they get snarky.

Sounds like a hell of a business model. I didn't go to Wharton or anything, but I think they call this a "bait-and-switch" in the business world.

Google:

View attachment 189485

Bing:

View attachment 189487

Duck Duck Go:

View attachment 189488

What's a new member supposed to think?

:twocents:
    In all fairness the staff does not act in this manner. Not anymore. Those days are done and gone.
    Yes, it is a draw, but we also have a simple set of rules we abide by, and we go out of our way to help when possible. I would as soon help as hand out infractions and I really do not like wielding the hammer although we make lite of it.
    I give out Mulligans all the time to make it easier on new members that obviously failed to read the rules and dive in head 1st running amok with their hair on fire. If you guys sat in these seats you would see soooooo much more than what's on open forum.
    I grow weary of some of this crap to the point of letting someone else step in and lose their hair and get an ulcer.
    I give a new member every chance if they work with me. Come back at me like a petulant child wearing an adult meat suit and yes you will not enjoy the results.
    Now as to the membership.... There are a few that take this very seriously. And a few more that I have had to jack them up behind the scenes for this behavior.

A new member is to read and follow the rules. If they do it will most likely never make the front page. Start a thread because of some slight real or imaginary and this is the crap we get.

OK I have spoke my piece. I am out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom