• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I know that Oly, Larue, and Barrett are U.S. manufactured, but what do you guys think is the likely hood that we can get foreign manufacturers to participate (Glock, Sig, Beretta, etc.) based on our 2A concerns? I would think that their decision would be based solely on the loss of business to american citizens rather than the 2nd amendment. Thoughts?

This is likely true and weakens our stance, however all affected state governments would be supporting foreign interests and not our own, which would publicly speak wonders.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I know that Oly, Larue, and Barrett are U.S. manufactured, but what do you guys think is the likely hood that we can get foreign manufacturers to participate (Glock, Sig, Beretta, etc.) based on our 2A concerns? I would think that their decision would be based solely on the loss of business to american citizens rather than the 2nd amendment. Thoughts?

Counting on that. They need to know they sell WAY more guns to citizens than they ever thought about selling to PD's. We ARE their bread and butter.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    20 states have joined into a lawsuit trying to PREVENT this law from occurring in NY. Indiana is NOT one of them. Why we aren't, I have no idea.

I HOPE all firearms manufacturers located in NY, will LEAVE the state.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There is one big fish in NYS that could really send a massive shock wave to NYS.

That would of course be Remington (Freedom Group/Bushmaster)

They alone probably employ more people then all the other firearms makers combined.

We need to get them OUT of NYS.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Same here, I will be using your letter in a copy/paste to those companies I deal with.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I called barret to show my appreciation and support, so now that leaves Larue tactical and the other 2 places.....

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If S&W does this and not Glock I would even switch to M&P pistols.

I doubt gLock would do it. The volume of law enforcement sales is ridiculous. Or at least was. The NYPD is one of the largest standing armies on the planet. They loves themselves some gLocks.

It's definitely worth an email though. :yesway:

And yes, I'd go M&P over gLock if they made such a bold move as well. Now is as good a time as any to sell off those solid gold 31rd mags, lol

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Absolutely!
    Thanks.

I took a couple liberties with editing your letter, and made some changes to fit pending legislation in other states, as well as making it suitable to send as a form letter asking other companies to get on board.

This is what I came up with. I obviously have no issues with anyone else copying it and sending it out to whomever they like.

To all firearms, silencer, accessory or ammo manufactures who are currently, or who are considering restricting the sale of your merchandise from the New York Law Enforcement and Government Agencies:

I pride myself as an American and am a firm believer that our founding fathers did consider the future development of weapon systems before writing "shall not be infringed". I am upset at the unconstitutional introduction of bills the New York legislature has brought forward.

To those of you who have already extended the civilian purchase prohibition to the LE/GOV, I commend you for your brave actions. To those businesses considering taking the same actions as the companies listed below, I encourage you to do so. As you are well aware, the basic laws of supply and demand rule business. All it takes are a few non-supportive companies looking to make a buck to lessen the cause of those companies who wish to stand up for their customers' rights.

I will not sit and watch this happen. "Together we stand or divided we fall."

I can't speak for all the 29,000+ members of our gun forum in the great state of Indiana, but I will personally pledge that every available penny that my family spends on any firearm related purchase will be extended first to those companies who are refusing sale to LE/GOV of New York while the unconstitutional laws are in place. We know your actions aren't easy, and we know they will hurt your business.

In response to the laws of economics and your decisions, I pledge to you that I will do everything within my power to bring your business back to you in the way of my purchases and recommendations.

I also ask, in the event similar, pending legislation passes in CA, CO, and a handful of other states, that you also add these states' LE/GOV agencies to your list of prohibited persons. If you happen to have manufacturing facilities, or are headquarted, in one of these states who are passing unconstitutional laws; I suggest taking a cue from Magpul Industries and moving to a state where the constitutional freedoms of the residents, and your customers, are not being infringed upon. Speak with your tax revenue and jobs, as well as with the availability of your products.

Respectfully,

Car Ramrod

317 KL5 1234

----

As of my last update, the following companies have stated they will not sell to LE/GOV in prohibited states. These companies/businesses have my support. Please consider adding your company to the growing list of supporters.

Olympic Arms, Inc
    LaRue Tactical
    Barrett
    EFI, LLC - Extreme Firepower
    York Arms
    Templar Custom
    Cheaper Than Dirt
    Magpul Industries

Top Bottom