A Walk In the Woods With Me (56k Warning)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    The one thing that's irritating is that, during deer season, people think they can put stands up without permission. Then, when the creek floods during coon season, I have people coon hunting without permission because I can't get to them and they know it. Last season though I had a trap line out and they dang near ran their dogs straight into it. I like dogs and hate idiot trespassers. Won't say what I did, but they went running.

Josh <><

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Take the treestands down, and in their place leave a note asking them to come and see you to retreive their stands. I'll bet you gain alot of free stands that way!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's nice country up there. Shame so many people are so disrespectful anymore. Yea, I'd leave a note asking them to retrieve their property so as not to construe it as theft, but either way it's on your property and whats left there becomes yours anyway. I would just love to have an acre of what you have. I'm sick of steppin out my back door and having to see stupid neighbors. I'd rather see woods and deer and playground stuff for the kids and targets about 100yds out... God I miss the Country...

Beautiful man, just beautiful.

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    It's nice country up there. Shame so many people are so disrespectful anymore. Yea, I'd leave a note asking them to retrieve their property so as not to construe it as theft, but either way it's on your property and whats left there becomes yours anyway. I would just love to have an acre of what you have. I'm sick of steppin out my back door and having to see stupid neighbors. I'd rather see woods and deer and playground stuff for the kids and targets about 100yds out... God I miss the Country...

Beautiful man, just beautiful.
    Same here... used to work on an apple orchard when I was younger, now I'm stuck in a grey cubicle. All hail progress & city living, eh?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    How many acres? Any close neighbors?

About five acres.

Unfortunately, one close neighbor. I almost had to shoot his dog because it tried to attack me, and he informed me that if I shot his dog, I'd have to shoot him. The dog crossed onto my land to try to get to me.

Damn redneck.

That is on file with a high up friend I have on the sheriff's dept.

Josh <><

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I almost had to shoot his dog because it tried to attack me, and he informed me that if I shot his dog, I'd have to shoot him. The dog crossed onto my land to try to get to me.
    <><
    I thought if a dog was on your property, you were legal in shooting it? Has that changed?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    If I had shot the dog, I'd have had to shoot the owner.

I won't back down from a fight, but I will avoid them whenever I can. Don't really want to kill anyone; I've permanently injured a couple people in the past who attacked and it's not fun.

Josh <><

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If I had shot the dog, I'd have had to shoot the owner.

I won't back down from a fight, but I will avoid them whenever I can. Don't really want to kill anyone; I've permanently injured a couple people in the past who attacked and it's not fun.

Josh <><

A call to Animal Control couldn't hurt.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    You know, that leads me to a question: If I had had to shoot the dog, what then, assuming the neighbor attacked? His weapon, the dog, would be gone. It'd be like drawing on someone with a knife, who subsequently throws the knife away and continues to attack.

Justifiable shooting even though unarmed? That's dealing in too gray an area for me.

Josh <><

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    You know, that leads me to a question: If I had had to shoot the dog, what then, assuming the neighbor attacked? His weapon, the dog, would be gone. It'd be like drawing on someone with a knife, who subsequently throws the knife away and continues to attack.

Justifiable shooting even though unarmed? That's dealing in too gray an area for me.

Josh <><

Huh? You shoot the dog cause it on your yard and if it almost attacked you, you know damn well it may attack your wife and/or kids. If the owner attacks, you react in self defense. You're not at fault, the owner of the dog is for attacking you. I don't see any gray here in this situation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hopefully, good sense prevails on everyone's part. Maybe this is an area where, if time permitted, warning shots could be effective. The dog might scare and the owner might understand letting him run on your property is a bad idea.

I don't know about your county, but the counties in this area all have leash laws.

Top Bottom