• ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    JB357Mag,

We aren't pissed per sae, just tired of hearing it. It's akin to people asking right now, "why is .22 LR so hard to find?" It's pedantic and frankly, who cares. Look at cars, there's a lot of cars out there that their owners want way too darn much for. Do we complain about it? No. We live within a budget, know what we are willing to spend and if the owner of said commodity that I am willing to purchase isn't willing to come down, let them hang onto their vehicle for longer. I would rather just politely refuse to pay that much, wait a week later and get a call from owner asking if I would still pay what I offered initially (actually how I got my second to last car).

Also, I submit this: Some people love the thrill of the hunt/chase/sale: They list something higher, wait for someone to make an offer then the quibbling commences. Generally, I hate this method b/c it's a psychological ploy to try to get you to come to a common ground, usually still higher than what you are willing to pay. But subconsciously, you think you are coming to consensus with the seller.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    INGO formula:

OP: Complaint
    Poster: Complaint about complaining
    Poster: Complaint about complaint about complaining.
    Poster: I agree with the original complaint and will complain about the complaining complainers who complained about the complaint.

I take issue with this post.
    Does INGO have a complaint department?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    His wife is on his butt about the last gun he bought so he told her he would sell one. Since he doesn't realy want to sell it he jacked the price to what no one will buy it. That way it isn't his fault he still has the gun. Jim.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As soon as I figure out what ad it is i'm gonna place a bid on it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just saw Buds has new RIA 1911's for $329.00

One posted (used) in the classifieds for $500.00

If some nut actually buys it for $500.00 it is on him for not doing his home work.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you're worried that you may accidentally reply, "I'll take it!" and accidentally drive to meet the seller, then accidentally hand over way more money than you should, you maybe want to add the seller to your ignore list.

Adding people to your ignore list - that you find distasteful for what ever reason - is pretty dang easy. Then you can get on your life.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'm glad u can move on to a cold one. I have OCD and keep from skimming the for sale adds and looking for a high price. I'll be up all night. Please which add is it? I need to get some sleep so I can go to the preview tomorrow before the auction.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    $100 over? That's nothing.

Every once in a while there's a knife that pops up for $300 over direct sticker cost in the WTS section

Long story short, there's items where sticker cost doesn't reflect quality or demand, so the second someone scores it, and wants to sell it, there's a whole new higher secondary market

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    IMO people put way too much into MSRP just like they do a vehicle and KBB value. I just had a truck for sale recently that KBB at $4500 but I knew it was worth way more then that. It sold for $7500 on a friends car lot. Thats a big difference. Same for guns. Its worth what someone will pay for it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    INGO formula:

OP: Complaint
    Poster: Complaint about complaining
    Poster: Complaint about complaint about complaining.
    Poster: I agree with the original complaint and will complain about the complaining complainers who complained about the complaint.

complaining.jpg

I'd like to complain about this complainers complaint about this complaint.

Does this make me a complainer?

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Just saw Buds has new RIA 1911's for $329.00

One posted (used) in the classifieds for $500.00

If some nut actually buys it for $500.00 it is on him for not doing his home work.

:):......I saw........an' L'dMAO......:):

My post was just an observation, a comment.

Now Im havin a cold beer, top of the evening to you all.

Jimmy

:):......If really want'a laugh........go ta the blade/knife section.......:):

Top Bottom