• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I see some bad prices but just go onto the next one. I try and give the benefit of the doubt and think that either they dont know much about gun prices or they have an urgent need to take care of and are just trying to get a bit extra. No biggie to me I just move on.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    supply and demand. sometimes the msrp dosnt really reflect what a gun sell for. sometimes after a gun is made and production is ended the prices jump. look at the colt anacondas. i remember when they were being produced buying them for 700 new and used ones went for around 500-600, i dont know what the msrp was then, but now ive seen people asken 1500-1800 for them. thats way above what they sold new for. supply and demand. supply and demand.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Price, supply and demand are all functions of information. You know it is $100.00 above MSRP. We may not know if there is high demand, is this the only one available? The original owner might not know what he bought in the first place. Maybe they are trying to recoup their sales tax and all in the purchase. Maybe it is mighty nice for one reason or another, I recently sold a pickup for a bit more than it booked at. The reason was it was really cool looking and rare. Is this one like that?

Couple thoughts.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've seen a couple like that. My guess is that they just have no idea what it's really worth. In some cases, it looks like someone trying to make a buck, but there are others that just seem to be an honest case of someone guessing at what the gun might be worth without doing any investigation. It may even sell at that price if the right person happens on it. A totally legit buyer might want it to add a gun that's untraceable to his/her collection. I would not pay a premium for that unless I really wanted a specific gun and it was only available from that one source.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    I happen to know 2 individuals, both legally able and competent to posses firearms, that will happily pay $100 over, if it ensures there is no paper trail for the government to record the firearms they have accumulated, and put them on their "LIST" to raid first when the SHTF.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I happen to know 2 individuals, both legally able and competent to posses firearms, that will happily pay $100 over, if it ensures there is no paper trail for the government to record the firearms they have accumulated, and put them on their "LIST" to raid first when the SHTF.

Yup.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I have to say, I definitely worried about that. Of course, I sold every firearm I have to some guy, he showed me his LTCH and ID, but I dont remember his name.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I won't pay a premium for that, but having a gun that's not in the system is pretty attractive. In an age where the NSA is running roughshod over our right to privacy, I fully expect that every call to the national check system is recorded. To me, there is value in owning a gun that is not recorded on a 4473A anywhere. I'm as legit as they come, but still value my right to privacy. Just because you have nothing to hide does not mean you should live with your doors wide open.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I've seen this several times. The best thing to do is just move-on. There will be others just like that one and priced where it should be. I recently saw a deal where a guy bought a handgun for 1125.00 and a couple days later, one just like it sold for 625.00. Just depends on how bad you want it. Unfortunately, when one sell for 1125.00 then the rest of the world wants a piece of the action.

Top Bottom