Behind Bars
    i-need-a-safe-space.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Can you actually do that with the remote? Or do I have to use the buttons on the TV?

My TV only has one button and it won't do that.

I have to admit, though, that my previous statement was a complete lie. When my children have the remote I am forced to watch all sorts of things that I do not want to see... such as the Peanuts Movie for the 437th time.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Burn your tv, trash your computer and burn your cell phone if you don't want to be offended electronically. Yet a simpler idea would be to change the channel, visit sites that share similar beliefs as yourself and monitor who you receive/send calls from or to.

Regardless, being vague while trying to state your complaint does no one a service and makes your gripe appear foolish.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    You have buttons on your tv?

I think he meant knobs. Or dials. Maybe he adjusts the rabbit ears to make the bad things go away?

Yes it has buttons ( up & dn channel & volume ) , I don't watch it often.
    It's vintage, but certainly not antique. If it was antique it would have a cable remote. :rockwoot:
    I do have basic cable, I tried the antenna thing years back, all I got was PBS from Marion and Muncie and BET, and with that it is cable ever since.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's astonishing that so many people are willing to actually pay for a service that openly creates a show designed to stir up racial animus.
    The first chance I get during their normal business hours Monday morning, I'm calling and asking to speak to a supervisor so I can spell out exactly why I'm canceling my subscription that I've maintained for over four years straight.
    **** these *******s.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My TV only has one button and it won't do that.

I have to admit, though, that my previous statement was a complete lie. When my children have the remote I am forced to watch all sorts of things that I do not want to see... such as the Peanuts Movie for the 437th time.

When I was a kid, Dad came home, and he picked the channel.
    If we complained, he told us to get a job and get our own house.

And the remote was us. He didn't get a remote control till we left and mom wasn't about to do it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    It's astonishing that so many people are willing to actually pay for a service that openly creates a show designed to stir up racial animus.
    The first chance I get during their normal business hours Monday morning, I'm calling and asking to speak to a supervisor so I can spell out exactly why I'm canceling my subscription that I've maintained for over four years straight.
    **** these *******s.
    we have been customers for over 6 years. We to will be politely stating exactly why we will no longer subscribe to their service. I to am amazed how many people are willing to say your over reacting. My list of companies such as TJ Max, Target that I will not patronize is growing. Netflix can be added as well. Not that they will care but as Aaron Tippin said you have to stand for what is right.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If I don't want trash, I don't pay for trash to be delivered to my house.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Hulu is going to have stuff that offends you too. If you can get "The Hallmark channel", and "RFDTV", I would stick to that. I'm not trying to be smart , I'm serious. Hulu, Netflix, Crackle, Amazon Video, etc, they are all going to have lots of content that is deplorable. RFDTV has Hee Haw and that usually does the trick for me when I am wanting to cancel Netflix because Netflix is convinced I need to watch television shows about men who have mutilated their bodies and are claiming to be women.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hold up a minute, is the OP mad about the general filth he has seen on Netflix or is he mad about the trailer for the "Dear White People"?

I'm almost dead certain it's the latter.
    I know that's the precipitating factor for me.
    I've had enough of these SJW turds purposefully trying to pit Americans against each other.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I've had enough of these SJW turds purposefully trying to pit Americans against each other.

As if Republican and Democrat turds purposefully trying to pit Americans against each other is any different?

Oh, but we love that! :):

Top Bottom