• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Hmm... Well, I'd probably come out, just for fun, but I'm really almost never with anyone else who is armed. If I'm out WITH someone, it's either with family members or with guys from the gym. More often than not, I'm alone. Also, and this one will probably bring some flames... I'm frequently unarmed. But yes, I'd probably come out, depending on the timing.

Well, don't let me pressure you. If you would rather play by yourself I won't be offended.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Well, don't let me pressure you. If you would rather play by yourself I won't be offended.

You take what you can get. I think it would be fun, just wouldn't normally fit my self-imposed guideline of focus on things I'm likely to actually use. But I like the ACT crew and the usual crowd, I'm sure it would be a good time and I'd learn something.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the kind of partner class we'd do would also include discussions of managing partners or people in your care who are not armed or even capable of mounting an effective defense. Having a plan for what they should do in the event of an emergency is at least as important as what you or an armed comrade needs to do.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I think the kind of partner class we'd do would also include discussions of managing partners or people in your care who are not armed or even capable of mounting an effective defense. Having a plan for what they should do in the event of an emergency is at least as important as what you or an armed comrade needs to do.

ok. I'm in a similar boat with iCP....no armed partners. With what you've just added though, I would seriously consider putting this class on my list.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If there are any truly "advanced" skills in this spectrum, I'd say that managing people who are not actively involved in the conflict is probably in that set. That includes people who are with you as well as bystanders who either by intent or coincidence can force your to change your evolving game plan to accommodate their presence. Things are a lot simpler when it's one obvious bad guy and one obvious good guy involved!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    If there are any truly "advanced" skills in this spectrum, I'd say that managing people who are not actively involved in the conflict is probably in that set. That includes people who are with you as well as bystanders who either by intent or coincidence can force your to change your evolving game plan to accommodate their presence. Things are a lot simpler when it's one obvious bad guy and one obvious good guy involved!

This piece would definitely appeal to me more on a practical level. I'd be VERY likely to attend a class where this was the focus. I've worked this subject in the unarmed/less-armed world, and it definitely presents new challenges.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'll run an ak at the next rifle class, Clay.

like I've said before, the methods taught at ACT classes lend themselves well to any platform. The small nuances a specific firearm may have get ironed out during the class as well, ie AK mag changes and AK bolt manipulation. John, Joe, and the guys have enough experience running different things to work out the small things as needed.

I think an AK specific class would be fun, only because it would be great to have other AK guys together, but its not really necessary in the grand scheme.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Hop, there are descriptions on our website and within previous class announcements on INGO. The AA and TC seminars are by appointment only and subject to availability of gear :):

I'm sure there are class descriptions posted somewhere on INGO correct?
    DP101 = ??
    DP201 = ??
    AA101 (anti-aircraft 101) = ??
    TC101 (tank commander 101) = ??

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    This will definitely be a portion of the class. We'll likely discuss a "family plan" and what steps we might take if out and about with those not privy to the plan. In the case of ICP and his gym buddies, I think the only reasonable plan is where and how to stack the bits and pieces for later disposal. :rolleyes:

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    You can count me in for a rifle class this year. Though I will not be running an AK, it will be is NOT an AR, either.
    I've just got to be different. As if my freakish wrong handedness isn't enough....

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    We'll likely discuss a "family plan" and what steps we might take if out and about with those not privy to the plan.

I thought that was "run faster", ya know you don't have to outrun the bear if you can outrun your buddy..... :):

or "hang out with people bigger than you" (they make good barriers)

On a more serious note, the link posted to the story in San Antonio was eye-opening (concealed carry holder held off robber in a Subway). I had certainly thought before about bystanders in the background, but not thought much about the people continuing to move and put themselves in your background.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I thought that was "run faster", ya know you don't have to outrun the bear if you can outrun your buddy..... :):

or "hang out with people bigger than you" (they make good barriers)

On a more serious note, the link posted to the story in San Antonio was eye-opening (concealed carry holder held off robber in a Subway). I had certainly thought before about bystanders in the background, but not thought much about the people continuing to move and put themselves in your background.

The bystanders will need to fend for themselves but we will held liable if we shoot one. or two. This is a good point, Dusty88, but is addressed in our DP101 class. Thanks for reminding us of this probability. The behaviour of some that cause them to qawk at accidents and situations as you describe never ceases to amaze me.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I may be the odd one here, but I'd be more interested in a class that's just about marksmanship and accuracy. I'd like to be more confident in making a good hit where there ARE bystanders around...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I may be the odd one here, but I'd be more interested in a class that's just about marksmanship and accuracy. I'd like to be more confident in making a good hit where there ARE bystanders around...

You mean like downrange photographers? :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Let's be honest here, if you're just going to bail at the last minute, does it really matter what the curriculum is? :p

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Let's be honest here, if you're just going to bail at the last minute, does it really matter what the curriculum is? :p

"Cough cough bite me cough cough"....

LOL you got me there. I made a huge electrical wiring mistake, and had to call my dad for help. It was a big screw up on my part :(

Top Bottom