• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am happy with my score. My plate rack scores are terrible. I shoot the plate racks every time I go up there. I always knock down 4-5 everytime and not unusual to hit all 6. But boy did I suck that Day. Everthing else I am happy with. Momma said you would have days like that. For the first time ever doing anything like that a 1350-47x is okay I think. Jim

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am happy with my score. My plate rack scores are terrible. I shoot the plate racks every time I go up there. I always knock down 4-5 everytime and not unusual to hit all 6. But boy did I suck that Day. Everthing else I am happy with. Momma said you would have days like that. For the first time ever doing anything like that a 1350-47x is okay I think. Jim

When I was able to watch you shoot, I think that on several of your misses you were probably shifting your visual focus from the front sight to the plate at the time when you were starting your trigger press. When you look over the top of the gun like that, it can cause your muzzle to depress before the bullet leaves the barrel, which makes you go low.

I did OK on the barricades
    everything else was kind of blah

You did okay on the other things too. You may not have done as well as you wanted or expected, but objectively you did well.

Yeah, I wonder why I can't do that any other time :dunno:

I forgot to tally my Barricade X's. Carter whooped a$$ on the practical.

I'll tell you why...Right side of the barricade and the mover at 20 and 25 yards :D

You still did really well, but McCauley's can't acknowledge their own success or take compliments! :D

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Were we suppose to add the X's as 10 to our scores or was that done later?

Uh, oh. Are you saying that you did not add the X's into your score? In other words, you shot 6 X's and 6 tens. Did you score it as a 60 with 6 X's or 120 with 6 X's. I am sure the the posted scores are what you wrote on your score sheet.

I hope you didn't short yourself....

I am happy with my 1277 with all the light primer strikes I had with my PPC revolver.

I will be back.

Last edited:

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hey, look at that!

It wasn't a bad match to work either, with all of Joe's help. I took two extra shots on the practical at 50 which cost me a couple of X's from the ten yard line. I'm going to do this some more. It makes you concentrate. Center hits are always a good thing. And hey, it was 60 some degrees in mid Nov and we were shooting.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I was able to watch you shoot, I think that on several of your misses you were probably shifting your visual focus from the front sight to the plate at the time when you were starting your trigger press. When you look over the top of the gun like that, it can cause your muzzle to depress before the bullet leaves the barrel, which makes you go low.

You did okay on the other things too. You may not have done as well as you wanted or expected, but objectively you did well.

Thanks Rhino,

I really did not know what to expect at all, Never even seen a match like it. When I was told about the match I figured the only stage I knoew was the plate rack. That was the stage I sucked at. Matter of fact if you take the whole plate rack scores away I won the Damn match! Go figure. Just goes to show ya if you think you got it down go practice more! I hope they do more of these next year because it was cool. Jim

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When we think of the generous time limits on the 50 yard strings of the Practical Match, it kind of lulls us into not taking the other time limits seriously. I've been bitten more than once on the Barricade Match at 10 yards when I didn't get shot 6 fired before the time expired on one or both sides of the barricade. Some of the times are generous, and others . . . not so much!

Shooting these events should help someone learn to call their shots too. It's like trying to shoot groups under a little more pressure.

Hey, look at that!

It wasn't a bad match to work either, with all of Joe's help. I took two extra shots on the practical at 50 which cost me a couple of X's from the ten yard line. I'm going to do this some more. It makes you concentrate. Center hits are always a good thing. And hey, it was 60 some degrees in mid Nov and we were shooting.

Good stuff. I've been thinking about this, also. My new way of describing AP is that it makes me aim in a hurry. And, that's something I can use in any shooting sport.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    When we think of the generous time limits on the 50 yard strings of the Practical Match, it kind of lulls us into not taking the other time limits seriously. I've been bitten more than once on the Barricade Match at 10 yards when I didn't get shot 6 fired before the time expired on one or both sides of the barricade. Some of the times are generous, and others . . . not so much!

Shooting these events should help someone learn to call their shots too. It's like trying to shoot groups under a little more pressure.

10 yard barricade...one string my last shot was 5.00 :D

Learning to call my shots better this year helped. It really helped on the plate rack, I knew where the sight was nearly every time. The mover...ehhh...not so much :dunno:. I was caught up in watching it slide across the pulleys...well sometimes anyway, sometimes it just never came;)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

You did okay on the other things too. You may not have done as well as you wanted or expected, but objectively you did well

You still did really well, but McCauley's can't acknowledge their own success or take compliments! :D

I did all right on the barricade and the plates. I should have done a little better on the plates at 25 , I started looking at them instead of my front sight 2 or three shots in. this is an issue I constantly struggle with.
    The mover kicked my butt and I expected it because I have never shot anything like it before. I should have scored better on the practicle,everything but the 50 yard shots are skills that I work on regularly. I will try it again, I would like to have a way to practice shooting the mover before hand

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would like to have a way to practice shooting the mover before hand

We all would. The only practice Mover I've ever shot was at the 2006 Biamchi Cup. That time I paid to use the practice range. All told, I think I shot no more than five of them. Any other time has been for a real score.

The key is sight focus and knowing your leads. Break clean shots and keep the gun moving and the scores will be there.

Top Bottom