• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    What if the drill requires partial or empty mags?
    If it were a hot range, Then under RO command I would present the gun into my workspace, drop the mag, reholster the magless gun, adjust the mag round count, present the firearm again into my workspace, insert downloaded mag and holster. Loose rounds go in my pocket.

If it were a cold range, I would stage the downloaded mag and wait for the command to load.

In other words, most of my gun manipulation requires my workspace. It is what I can control. And the presentations and reholstering adds to practice.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    If it were a hot range, Then under RO command I would present the gun into my workspace, drop the mag, reholster the magless gun, adjust the mag round count, present the firearm again into my workspace, insert downloaded mag and holster. Loose rounds go in my pocket.

If it were a cold range, I would stage the downloaded mag and wait for the command to load.

In other words, most of my gun manipulation requires my workspace. It is what I can control. And the presentations and reholstering adds to practice.
    To Respectfully counter. I get what your saying but this is just another way I did it (and by I it was a SOP we did at FLETC and training in the field) When certifying SORT teams one of our drills to spin up to certify weeks before was typical emergency reload drills (we’ll keep this example for handguns) load up the Sig holster timer draw and shoot slide lock emergency reload with full mag shoot 2nd round. Then remove loaded mag store then holster Sig

THEN with everyone holstered retrieve empty from ground and place in Sig while Sig is holstered. One round is in the pipe from before so set up and keep going through the mag.

Like I mentioned Flat ranges are sometimes too flat!

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    But what do you do with your pistol when you have to poop in public restrooms?

What pistol to you wear to impress your buddies at a BBQ?

What happens when you pull your pistol from concealed carry and drop it on the range in front of about 20 INGO members?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

What happens when you pull your pistol from concealed carry and drop it on the range in front of about 20 INGO members?
    1. Remove from holster and realize three hours later you left it sitting on the tank.
    2. Anything with a red dot. Non shooting folks are enamored with them.
    3. Pick it up declaring that a portion of today’s torture test is complete.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

It stays in the holster.

I downgrade to a gen 3 Glock, it doesn't take much to impress my friends.
    If I wore a Sig they with tell me i'm showing off.

I cry when the green juice leaks out of one side of the rear sight. They laugh.

Top Bottom