• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I will show this to my wife in the mornings. She hates snakes. When I see one, she is worried I'll bring it up to the door and introduce her to my new friend.

Snakes in the house are a big no no at my place......

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    On the Brown County mountain bike Facebook page, there have been recent sightings of rattlesnakes. Pictures and video. Makes me glad to live so far away from that part of the state:)

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    And they are a little over 1200 yards from South Elementary School in Martinsville. The only thing that inhibits them being closer is the frequent flooding of Indian Creek. They have been known to be in the fields along Mahalasville Road going south out of town. Also, all the ranges of the Sportsmans Conservation Club are in "rattler" country.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    This past July I found an animal which has eluded me for years. For over six year I have hiked off trail along the hills of Brown, Morgan, and Monroe counties all in effort to find a Hoosier Timber Rattlesnake. These snakes do not have the same attitude like their western relatives, and are actually very placid. Female timber rattlesnakes do not reach breeding age for four or five years, and do not reproduce every year. Research has shown that there is a larger population of male timber rattlesnakes than there are females in this state. Despite your feelings on snakes in general these snakes are native to the state, and are a protected species in Indiana. Bragging about killing one in the state will only get you added to a DNR / Conservation list. If you find one on your property, there are people in your area that would be more than happy to relocate it.

20498625711_e1c0322b6d_b.jpg

19762556431_a7a72346ce_b.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This past July I found an animal which has eluded me for years. For over six year I have hiked off trail along the hills of Brown, Morgan, and Monroe counties all in effort to find a Hoosier Timber Rattlesnake. These snakes do not have the same attitude like their western relatives, and are actually very placid. Female timber rattlesnakes do not reach breeding age for four or five years, and do not reproduce every year. Research has shown that there is a larger population of male timber rattlesnakes than there are females in this state. Despite your feelings on snakes in general these snakes are native to the state, and are a protected species in Indiana. Bragging about killing one in the state will only get you added to a DNR / Conservation list. If you find one on your property, there are people in your area that would be more than happy to relocate it.

20498625711_e1c0322b6d_b.jpg

19762556431_a7a72346ce_b.jpg

Is that a snakebite proof gator on your leg?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They don't seem to care much that you're there...

Good photos :yesway:, you may want to add them to the Wikipedia page as there are only lesser quality photos of southern snakes.

KILL THEM!!!

Top Bottom