• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Uh no. Stay the hell away from greenwood. Ever seen 10 Mexican illegals fit into a small car? Well you will in greenwood.

You are more likely to encounter an F350 full of methbillies that are about 300 miles too far north for their Confederate flag bumper stickers.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I live in Bargersville and commute to the southeast side of Indy which is about a 35-45 drive depending on the time of day. I detest living in towns let alone big cities, even Bargersville is more crowded than I would prefer. That being said I would suggest checking out the southwest side of Greenwood, specifically between 37 and 135, for the best mix of traffic, smaller crowds, and a reasonable commute to downtown.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Uh no. Stay the hell away from greenwood. Ever seen 10 Mexican illegals fit into a small car? Well you will in greenwood. Crime is rising consistently. The police are seriously dicks. Yeah there's some good ones but it's the attitude from the top down.
    Also there are way too many people. Traffic is so bad you will hate it in a week. Best thing I ever did was leave there

I've lived here all my life, and I have never seen an illegal immigrant outside of a Mexican restaurant. And lets be honest, would you rather them, or some pothead high schooler making your chimichanga.

As far as crime, it depends where in Greenwood you are. Those crappy Polo Run Apartments by the mall? Yeah, your car my get broken into. Find a good, not government subsidized apartment complex and you'll be just as safe as anywhere else in the burbs.

I've been pulled over more times than I can remember, and most of the time I've gotten a warning and a show of respect. (I'm a 26 year old white guy, so that may help.)

Now traffic... yeah its getting pretty intense. But it isn't anywhere near as bad as the north side. There's just a few intersections you will learn to avoid at certain times of the day.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've lived here all my life, and I have never seen an illegal immigrant outside of a Mexican restaurant. And lets be honest, would you rather them, or some pothead high schooler making your chimichanga.

As far as crime, it depends where in Greenwood you are. Those crappy Polo Run Apartments by the mall? Yeah, your car my get broken into. Find a good, not government subsidized apartment complex and you'll be just as safe as anywhere else in the burbs.

I've been pulled over more times than I can remember, and most of the time I've gotten a warning and a show of respect. (I'm a 26 year old white guy, so that may help.)

Now traffic... yeah its getting pretty intense. But it isn't anywhere near as bad as the north side. There's just a few intersections you will learn to avoid at certain times of the day.

Ah, good ol' Polo Slum, I lived there for a few years shortly after I moved to the Indy area. It was decent when I first moved in but had deteriorated tremendously by the time I moved out 3 years later. It seems it has gotten much, much worse now.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I live in Bargersville and commute to the southeast side of Indy which is about a 35-45 drive depending on the time of day. I detest living in towns let alone big cities, even Bargersville is more crowded than I would prefer. That being said I would suggest checking out the southwest side of Greenwood, specifically between 37 and 135, for the best mix of traffic, smaller crowds, and a reasonable commute to downtown.

I second these suggestions. My wife is from Greenwood, and we are living southwest now, just into Morgan County. It is an easy drive into downtown, and it avoids all the interstate traffic others have mentioned. Also, although Fishers and the north/northeast (north of Lawrence) is nice, it is crowded and traffic is awful.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Thanks everybody, I've definitely expanded my search area further south. Also part of my thinking is that Miami County will still be "home" and I'll be going there somewhat frequently. But if living a little further south means my daily operations are less hectic, the extra couple minutes to go back north isn't a big deal.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Count me in for the downtown crowd. I've got lots of friends who have lived on the canal as well as the Mass Ave area. If I worked downtown I think that would be my choice. Their apartments were super nice, the parking garages, pools, gyms etc. Were all beyond anything I'd need. There were lots of people our age (20's), I really think you couldn't go wrong with it, especially if you are working down town. If you don't think you would like it I understand, but you may go look at a few. My sister lived right off of Mass Ave for awhile and it was pretty cool as well as affordable, but the apartments on the Canal were most certainly top notch. It may just depend on the best location for you I guess, but go look at them for sure!

Top Bottom