• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    SOme friends of mine have a fare amount of land and these two guys just walked up and started harvesting morals. when his wife got home she shall them walking out of there woods and she said something to them and they ignored her. i really don't think there is any sure fire way of keeping people out....maybe a good dog or two.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    SOme friends of mine have a fare amount of land and these two guys just walked up and started harvesting morals. when his wife got home she shall them walking out of there woods and she said something to them and they ignored her. i really don't think there is any sure fire way of keeping people out....maybe a good dog or two.

Just put up a "NO TRESPASSING SIGN" & a HANGMAN'S KNOTTED ROPE:laugh:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    right now for us it's really a matter of letting people know there are new owners... it's just a pain in the ass when you are in a blind with birds moving :(

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    right now for us it's really a matter of letting people know there are new owners... it's just a pain in the ass when you are in a blind with birds moving :(

Just put down some plywood with 2 inch long nails & throw some leaves on top of the nails & watch the fun when they drive over the plywood:D

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Trespasser is a trespasser, they know thier in the wrong. As a landowner we have the right to say who can come and go on our land. Just the fact that they know we are watching will detour some. It doesn't matter what they were hunting, it's still without consent.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Trespasser is a trespasser, they know thier in the wrong. As a landowner we have the right to say who can come and go on our land. Just the fact that they know we are watching will detour some. It doesn't matter what they were hunting, it's still without consent.

Father-in-law got sick & he own a body shop, He has been able to work for the last 2 months, the body shop has been broken into 7 times, the POLICE said it's our fault for not having "NO TRESPASS" signs around the place, NO ALARM, & NO CAMERAS:xmad: ask the POLICE is they can drive around the body shop to see if the crack heads come back & they said no. I know they
    re crack heads, cause the broke into the bathroom & broke the wall so to take the copper pipes, but didn't break into the tool room, but they kept coming back & finally broke into the tool room & stole some tools.:( The POLICE was only upset when they have to fill out a report.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I'm not sure what it is about trespassers, but all of the ones I confront want to know my name.

Here is some guy wandering around on a place that he knows full well isn't his and he doesn't have permission to be on. Here comes me, carrying a rifle and probably a hatchet, asking him nicely to turn around and go back exactly the way he came and don't stop to take a break and don't touch anything on the way out.

And he has the audacity to ask me for my name.

"Now what's your name again? Your last name? Are you from around here?", my accent making it obvious I'm not born and reared in Southern Indiana.

Yeah if you want my name go get a plat map. You know exactly where you are and you can look me right up.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Went down Tuesday morning to unlock my cable and look at a ditch for a pipe for a driveway into my field. I have the lane blocked off with a cable comin from a concrete headpost over to a steel post I put in. Well someone wanted to really go mushrooming so they decided to hook a chain up to my post and bend it over. So I found a 12' I beam at the farm and put it 5' in the ground and welded some braces on to help stabilize it a little. Let's see them pull the out with a pickup.
    Here's the I beam in the foreground. About 7' sticking up. Had to use the loader tractor like a hammer to get it in the last 2'.
    3fc21e8a.jpg

They tear this down I'll build it bigger!

Why is there a 450E road sign angled down the lane?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Hmmm, Let me test my 2008 F-250 6.4, let's see how much it can pull:laugh:

we had an old satellite dish pole in my backyard when we moved into my house a couple of years ago. Having no idea how far or what was holding it in the ground I decided to hook a couple of chains up to it/around it and hook to my 2001 F250. Well, that didnt really get me anywhere so I called in my buddy with a 2003 F350 diesel 4x4. nudged it down a little further. so we dug a bit and tried again with the 350. not much better. so finally we took his truck and my truck, and yanked... nothing. only did it come up after we dug further down, and put a couple of 2x6's to make a ramp for it did it give up...

that dirt stuff can be a pita trying to pull something down :(

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    we had an old satellite dish pole in my backyard when we moved into my house a couple of years ago. Having no idea how far or what was holding it in the ground I decided to hook a couple of chains up to it/around it and hook to my 2001 F250. Well, that didnt really get me anywhere so I called in my buddy with a 2003 F350 diesel 4x4. nudged it down a little further. so we dug a bit and tried again with the 350. not much better. so finally we took his truck and my truck, and yanked... nothing. only did it come up after we dug further down, and put a couple of 2x6's to make a ramp for it did it give up...

that dirt stuff can be a pita trying to pull something down :(

The way he put that post in there, You'll need a BACKHOE to get that post out:):

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm not sure what it is about trespassers, but all of the ones I confront want to know my name.

Here is some guy wandering around on a place that he knows full well isn't his and he doesn't have permission to be on. Here comes me, carrying a rifle and probably a hatchet, asking him nicely to turn around and go back exactly the way he came and don't stop to take a break and don't touch anything on the way out.

"Now what's your name again? Your last name? Are you from around here?", my accent making it obvious I'm not born and reared in Southern Indiana.

Yeah if you want my name go get a plat map. You know exactly where you are and you can look me right up.

The which you just answer,"My name is Property Owner, now kindly exit my property immediately"

I've had issues with people trying to take trees out of my small woods on several occasions since I bought it last fall. Each time I've approached them and requested them to leave immediately. The one time I got any guff, I told the guy that his actions not only constituted tresspass, it was also theft of my safety and security, since I heat with wood and that I would treat him as I would any other theif who entered my property unwanted. He promptly unloaded the wood he'd taken from his truck and unassed my AO.

I scared the poop out of some shroomers the other day too***,seems that they were walking on the ridge at the exact same time I was taking part in a little target practice. They were well behind me at the time, but they got the message and decided that continuing was not the best idea. :D

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Old trick of psychology, they are trying to put you on the defensive. Take a step towards them as you answer, and watch the expression in thier eyes change.;)

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    After seeing HICKMAN's video, I was waiting for the cool ending... like a .50 BMG APIT going thru the front fender thru the block. Or how about the kill shot thru the gas tank and the truck going up in flames.... now thats a happy ending for trespassers.:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom