• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Hello. I'm new to the forum. I have a new LE6920MP on back order. I am going to add Aimpoint optics if and when it ever arrives. The only major difference I see on the Aimpoint web is the battery. However, there is about a $400 difference in price. The battery is a common CR2032 on the Pro and a AA on the CompM4. Am I missing something here? Agreed the CompM4 battery lasts up to 8 years and the Pro last 'only' 3 years. I don't want to pay an additional $400 if that is the only difference.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have both. The PRO and Comp M4 both have NV if you really need that. The Comp M4 is bigger and not as compact as the PRO. The PRO you can use many different 30MM rings while the Comp M4 you can't. The PRO also weighs 1.5oz less. You can find an used PRO for ~$300-$350 while an used Comp M4 can be had for ~$550.
    I like the fact that the M4 uses AAs and has a longer life, but the PRO isn't too shabby either. I could afford both at the same time, but if money is an issue it is really tough to beat the PRO.

Here are both mounted on 2 of my ARs:
    Comp M4
    attachment.php

PRO
    attachment.php

modlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    The only difference I see is that the comp appears to be the more stable mount. The Pro mount looks like it might not take as much abuse sitting high on the spacer.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I also have both and I agree with Sig that the PRO is tough to beat. Although I prefer my COMPM4S, I probably don't see a justification for the price difference per features on the optic. That said, if you can afford the Micro, I would go with it. Great optic, but in a smaller package that weighs less.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have both. The CompM4 can be submerged deeper in water, but that isn't something that should matter. The PRO is roughly equivalent, and more than tough enough, plus it comes with flip up lens covers, and pretty much the same mount as an M4.

modlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I also have both and I agree with Sig that the PRO is tough to beat. Although I prefer my COMPM4S, I probably don't see a justification for the price difference per features on the optic. That said, if you can afford the Micro, I would go with it. Great optic, but in a smaller package that weighs less.

Does anyone have a pic of the Micro mounted?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I have a comp m2 (NV compatible) with a Wilcox mount I got for an amazing deal off a friend. I absolutely love it.
    You can find them used anywhere from 250-300 all day.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have a comp m2 (NV compatible) with a Wilcox mount I got for an amazing deal off a friend. I absolutely love it.
    You can find them used anywhere from 250-300 all day.

Yup, and the PRO is basically a CompM2 with a 2moa dot instead of 4moa, along with an upgraded mount, and clear flip up lens covers. The PRO can be had for $350 new if you find it on sale, or even slightly less used. That is why it is such a great deal.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Pro is a good optic but not built to the same specs as the Comp series or the Micro's.
    It is an Aimpoint built with affordability in mind.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Why not the M3?

Because it costs about as much as an M4, and only has a longer battery life than the PRO. It lacks the newer mount, and lens covers. But if you can find one for the right price then get it. They are all superb.

Mvician, how is the PRO any different than a CompM2, asides from having a 2moa dot?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I like the Pro immensely. Most of the AR's that we utilize are solid and have been pretty-fied. They'll never see the use of combat like say, the Marines attacking the Taliban in the Marja assault. However, even under those conditions, a Pro could serve well.

Get what you want, but on a $1000 AR, a $400 optic is about the right tradeoff for 80% of civilian uses.

I love the Pro.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Mvician, how is the PRO any different than a CompM2, asides from having a 2moa dot?

The housing on the PRO is "high strength aluminum" where the CompM series and Micro's are extruded high strength aluminum.
    Battery life is another, the PRO is rated for 30,000 hours, the CompM's and Micro's are rated for 50,000 or 80,000 hours.

The CompM2/ML2 are no longer being made, CompM3/ML3 and the CompC3 are still in production.

The CompC3 is most like the PRO with the C3 having the edge in hours of operation (roughly $50 more in price), but the PRO includes a decent mount at a price about $50 less.

The PRO is a great value.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I have three Aimpoint PROs and don't regret it. With what I demand out of an RDS, there isn't anything the PRO won't do. With the money saved (over the CompM4), I can put more towards ammo/practice.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    If you put the PRO and CompM4 side by side, you can notice the difference. The Comp is just heavier and feels more solid. I'm glad we all can pretty much agree though that the PRO is great value and will serve admirably if chosen.

Top Bottom