• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Post the link to sgammo so we can see how long it takes for them to sell out.

I really don't think there will be a shortage but I do believe there is a run on ammo.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    you guys do realize that a lot of the russian made ammo comes out of a bunch of companies........... with a lot of them being in the Ukraine, right?

you do know whats going on there right now, right?

I won't say he is right or wrong, only time will tell, but I think the possibility is very real.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    you guys do realize that a lot of the russian made ammo comes out of a bunch of companies........... with a lot of them being in the Ukraine, right?

you do know whats going on there right now, right?

I won't say he is right or wrong, only time will tell, but I think the possibility is very real.

Well put Clay

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Yes we all know that the CIA is trying to destabilize the Ukraine and some wolf ammo is made in the Ukraine.

In addition Russia announced today it would halt ammo sales to the US.

i just think its a good idea to stock up while it's cheap and available.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Bought some from ammoman a couple of weeks back for 225 per thousand delivered, just checked back and price has almost doubled. Wow

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm not super concerned as I'm fairly certain this situation will calm down without a full war. I think this is Putin shifting attention away from some internal scandals by staging this nonsense. On the other hand, it does have parallels with the situation in Georgia. Either way, both coutnries would have been way better off if they were in NATO (in Georgia's case, it was other NATO countries rejecting them despite the US pushing for it, and for the Ukraine it was taken off the table by their own government... granted it was the Russian backed government that got into power after the Orange revolution's shine wore off, but it was their legit government).

Anyway, for what's its worth, I have see an uptick in the availability of canned 5.45x39 ammo. I look at it a couple of days ago, thinking I should maybe buy some as the prices had fallen back to normal levels and it was about $.16 per round. Now it's around $.18. But that might just be because a single vendor had dropped it low enough to skew the listings and nothing to do with the current situation.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Has anyone else noticed that the gun market is "soft" right now, with very little selling? So what the market needs is another "scare" real or imagined. If we get enough of these threads going, people will start to buy all the 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 they can get their hands on. Then we will HAVE an ammo shortage in these calibers. And if it goes on long enough, we will see a bunch of AK's and SKS's flood the market as guys will decide to switch back to an AR, those that don't already own one.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Well we just sent 300 soldiers and 12 F-15's to Poland and I think one Destroyer into the Black Sea. That should pretty much stop ammo shipments in their tracks.

Obama is the one to watch. If he whips out his cell phone and ink pen, its over, turn your AK's into hood ornaments and buy AR's. I personally chose to avoid the potential Rusky problem from day one.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Self fulfilling prophecy. We will have a panic and shortage because so many people think we will.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    A number of blogs and conspiracy theory sites are making claims that Russian rifle ammunition suppliesmay dry up nearly overnight:
    The largest wholesale gun & ammo distributors in the US have informed us in private conversation today that a massive scramble is on for all 7.62 as Russia has reportedly halted all exports to the US of Russian made ammunition.
    Our distributor source informed us that yesterday they had several hundred thousand rounds of Russian made 7.62 TulAmmo, and after receiving word early today on the halt of Russian exports to the US, they have been completely wiped out of every last round in the past 10 hours!

This claim is news to TulAmmo. We called Tula USA moments ago, and they are reporting that it is “business as usual,” in their office. Bearing Arms also spoke to several distributors who also said that they are not scrambling for ammo as the various blog posts indicate. None of the distributors we talked to report having heard of any credible information that the Russians would stop the export of ammunition.
    Put simply, this is a claim without any substance, and ff looked at dispassionately as a logical matter, the rumored “reverse boycott” makes no sense at all.

Russian Ammunition Cutoff Rumors Are Bogus

:dunno: Just to be safe, I should go over to Sportsmans guide and by a couple of cases.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I just saw that tactical response put out a video that Russian ammo is almost out and there is none on the way.

Load up while you can then gouge our members by selling it here in the classified like 22lr.

Can an someone post the video don't know how.

One of the lamest INGO posts ever. ;)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Bought some from ammoman a couple of weeks back for 225 per thousand delivered, just checked back and price has almost doubled. Wow

That is actually a good deal! I want some at that price "panic" or not I would have bought some a couple weeks back as you did for that money delivered!

Saw a case on gun broker for $1k:laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I started hearing these rumors yesterday, I went out and looked at SGAmmo's site and they had plenty of steel cased 7.62x39. This morning, it's all but gone. Like it or not, people are listening to/reading the rumor mill. Now it will be interesting to see what happens to the price when it comes back in stock.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did go ahead and order a tin of 700 from Sportsman's Guide. Now before anyone accuses me of panicking, let me say that I'm not. If I were panicking, I would be buying all I could. I look at it like this... Let's say I'm on my way to work in the morning, and gas is $3.39 a gallon. I've got half a tank, so I figure I'll wait a couple of days to fill up. On the way home, I see that most gas stations have raised their price to $3.75, but I see a station up ahead that still has it for $3.39. I will stop and top off my tank even though I don't really "need" to right then, because I know if I wait a day or two, that station is going to be $3.75 too. In the grand scheme of things, that extra .36 per gallon isn't going to make or break me, but it makes sense to me to save a couple of bucks when I can. That's the way I view this tin of ammo... don't really need it, but why not "top off" while it's still at a price that I know will be higher tomorrow? :dunno: After all, that's basically what many of us have been telling all the people that are now buying .22lr for $60/brick... "You should have stocked up when prices were normal, like I did."

Top Bottom