Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    From another website:

Notice he invokes IEEPA:

International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA),

Title II of Pub.L. 95–223, 91 Stat. 1626, enacted October 28, 1977, is a United States federal law authorizing the President to regulate commerce after declaring a national emergency in response to any unusual and extraordinary threat to the United States which has a foreign source

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    People...are....ignorant. If MAC called Wolf, others have called Tula, and people are still seeing normal prices, don't feed the panic pig. He will eat anything...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I did go ahead and order a tin of 700 from Sportsman's Guide. Now before anyone accuses me of panicking, let me say that I'm not. If I were panicking, I would be buying all I could. I look at it like this... Let's say I'm on my way to work in the morning, and gas is $3.39 a gallon. I've got half a tank, so I figure I'll wait a couple of days to fill up. On the way home, I see that most gas stations have raised their price to $3.75, but I see a station up ahead that still has it for $3.39. I will stop and top off my tank even though I don't really "need" to right then, because I know if I wait a day or two, that station is going to be $3.75 too. In the grand scheme of things, that extra .36 per gallon isn't going to make or break me, but it makes sense to me to save a couple of bucks when I can. That's the way I view this tin of ammo... don't really need it, but why not "top off" while it's still at a price that I know will be higher tomorrow? :dunno: After all, that's basically what many of us have been telling all the people that are now buying .22lr for $60/brick... "You should have stocked up when prices were normal, like I did."

No matter how anyone looks at it, that is a great analogy!

Top Bottom