• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I will be there and Warthog said he will be riding with me too.

I will have the following tools/equipment with me.
    12ton Harbor Freight Press (assuming no one breaks in to my house gets past the German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois and my supressive fire and steals this one)
    Go, No-Go, and Field gauge sets in 5.45x39 and 7.62x39
    AKbuilder tools: Receiver Rivet tool set, Barrel remove/install tool and Trigger Rivet Jig.

By the time the 19th gets here I should have most of my kits built so I will be available to help build and form some method to our madness to help keep builds going smoothly.

What time we getting this party started on the 19th?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I will be there and Warthog said he will be riding with me too.

I will have the following tools/equipment with me.
    12ton Harbor Freight Press (assuming no one breaks in to my house gets past the German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois and my supressive fire and steals this one)
    Go, No-Go, and Field gauge sets in 5.45x39 and 7.62x39
    AKbuilder tools: Receiver Rivet tool set, Barrel remove/install tool and Trigger Rivet Jig.

By the time the 19th gets here I should have most of my kits built so I will be available to help build and form some method to our madness to help keep builds going smoothly.

What time we getting this party started on the 19th?
    You home security system made me giggle with excitement as I pictured your AWESOME dogs chewing on a burgulars carcass :):

Last time I remember some saying we should have started earlier and maybe some later. I'm good for whatever. I have nothing to do but enjoy the company all day long.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    9:00 ish is fine with me. Give or take a little. I'll probably drive down the night before and back home the day of!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If someone has a bucket of oil (and people bring MAPP gas), we could do the first step of hardening (bright orange and dunk...without catching TT's shed on fire). When you get home, you can bake the receiver at 400F for 1 hour... or you can use the MAPP torch and do the 2nd step at the party (blue-silver and let it cool - no dipping).

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a couple small torches and a few bottles of MAP. I will do my best to dig them out! just the FCG holes and the ejector tip on the rails? Should be easy enough.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    100% heat treat is preferred but I don't have a kiln. A lot of home builders use the spot heat treating method. If done right, it should outlast the owner.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's the only real heavy wear area's. It's be nice to be totally treated but the chance of warping is high it it's not done properly. I brought this up in the other party thread but I thing it got skipped. NP!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hey everyone! It's check in time! Where are we at on parts and kits? Everyone still on task for the19th? It's not that far away!!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Im good to go. 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 gauge sets came in. I do have to send AK74 barrel back to AoA tomorrow. Beware! Bulgarian AK74 kits may have oversized trunions and standard barrel will drop right in and go all the way to the bolt by hand! Trunion will have a 3 or a 4 marked on top of it if it is oversized.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    You will NEVER run out of Romy G's to finish.
    Seems like it Right?! Time to get these things built these re my last two. I came across a bunch (probably thousands) of Romy and Yugo kits sold by Century at Knob Creek for almost nothing back I forget what 6 years ago? I bought about $800 worth of them then. Wish I had bought the whole container now!

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Guys I'm sorry to do this but I need to change our build party date to Saturday OCTOBER 25th
    im sorry if that jacks with anyone's schedule but I have no choice. The wife has spoken.

Top Bottom