• Poll closed .

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My feet are up!! Whoa, what an afternoon. I think it's safe to say we all had a great time. I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I learn a lot and feel pretty good that I can finish my stuff solo if need be. I wasn't paying attention to time frames and did not have time to spot weld my rails. TheWabbit worked his tail off today. I could not we can not thank you enough!! We would not have gotten as much done with out him. He was the man today!!!!! He was the rivet master and knows his s**t.

I have my polish receiver front and rear trunnions drilled and my trigger guard and rear trunnion riveted. That's doesn't sound like a lot but I helped others with drilling rivets. And I head spaces a few barrels and such. Did a lot of new stuff I had never done. I learned a lot!! I am happy with the way things turned out.

We will do another build party. And hopefully we can twist Triggs arm and bum his place and even maybe get TheWabbit to come again. I'd defiantly do another build party. I am going to pick up some more tools. Maybe even do one up here in the future. I need a little more experience or get a few experienced guys up here to help with builds. I have a lot of pics to up load and even some video. I'll post a few pics shortly.

FWIW, I drew first blood :rockwoot:and Spearheadsarge made the first rivet boo boo. We owned up to it proudly.

VitaminK wore pants! And we all stayed sober. I met so many people today. If I missed someone sorry about that! We had a great group of guys. Everyone was awesome!

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Thanks to TT for hosting and all those that contributed to organizing and lending expertise (Wabbit). Doug and I wanted to stay longer and help but couldn't and it was getting crowded anyway. Got a 1963 Romy kit built and the satisfaction of helping on some of their builds. I'd forgotten alot since the last buld party lets don't wait so long next time!

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Here are a few pics.

If you get queezy look away!! I managed to get this while removing a mill bit from it's protective case. Dam their sharp! It was a .250 end mill I used to drill the barrel pin notch in the barrel. more on that later.

First oops, those that know can tell what's wrong?

He was a good sport about it. We just had to drill the trigger guard rivets and flip the plate.

He're a pile of parts that will some day be a Polish Fix stock:

I had to push the barrell back out of the trunnion to be about to set the rivets:

Here it is separated:

More to come later!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Some vid's

Here are a few video's showing the drilling of my trunnions. I missed recording the barrel pin drilling. Oh well here's a few. I never did it before. a 2 minute lesson from TheWabbit and I was a pro errr well sorta. I didn't loose anymore skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpepfUpK9FE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZoDHdh--BY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gx-wRUtDyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVzb9b8A5WI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-o7nz0Hlb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNIAWCl9mC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN8qeaGp7XI

The oohhh at the end wasn't about this. I think they had just found out about SHS's trigger guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNOQ9XPepO4

That's all for the moment. Enjoy and please leave comments.

1911LY

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I really enjoyed talking to the wabbit! That guy knows his ****!! I learned a lot!

1911 had his beautiful sten gun there and has me convinced I need one. I think my wife would disagree :): I spent more money today than at a 1500. It was like a gun show in my garage :):
    warthog I'll send you PM about the trigger guard. I forgot to earlier sorry.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am about to crash for the night! I had a great time. Catch up with you all tomorrow. I have more pics. I just ran out of gas :-( I'll get more pics up tomorrow. There must be a few more pics floating around.

TTYL

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    WIsh I could have finished mine but it is a lot closer than it was before the party. My thanks fist the TT, you should find buns for your grill goods somewhere as I left them, to NineteenElevenly for arranging it all and most to the WABBIT for the press and the help riveting and such. Had he not had to leave by a certain time I would have had a new rifle. As it it though a nudge and the barel pin is in then a few minutes riveting the rear trunion in plae and it is done. The guts await it for completion.

Was very nice to meet everyone even Vit K who did indeed have his pants on, thank all that is good. :)

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    All but the last 3 are from the party. I didn't get to use the bender but I'm doing my own flats tonight. VitaminK, that's my VEPR 54 with the Tabuk muzzle device and how the band covers up the original pin hole on the barrel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    All but the last 3 are from the party. I didn't get to use the bender but I'm doing my own flats tonight. VitaminK, that's my VEPR 54 with the Tabuk muzzle device and how the band covers up the original pin hole on the barrel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pic's look good. I'll rivet my front trunnion tomorrow. I'll get my barrel pressed back in and drill the center rail, hammer and trigger pin holes. I have used of the toth tool rivet stuff. I will be left with rails to be welded. Maybe I can hookup with you in the future or I'll buy a stop welder and the tip. I guess should have been a little more pushy and got in there. I did not realist guys were doing 2 or more guns at once. We should have made sure everyone got 1 done before someone started a second build. I hosed my self not paying attention to what was happening. Let's shoot for another party before the snow fly's? I have plenty to build. I need to source a few parts for the Bugly AK74.

I still need a Rommy stock. It's a non "G" I don't know that it matters.

And Wabbit you are the rivet master! I will have a second press setup so we won;t be bottle necked.

I am feeling a slight peek in ambition. I think I might rivet the front trunnion in a bit!

Thanks everyone for coming and we had a great time.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've got a stock for you 1911

Sweet!! Let's me know what you need for it. We'll work something out! You da man!!

Hopefully we left your garage in good shape! The layout worked great. I might bring some saw horses next time. And some shelving material.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I shill have a few flats I wanted to bend. :(

THE WABBIT! THE WABBIT! :rockwoot:

Thanks a lot for all you were able to do. Wish I could have gotten there earlier but that was out of my control.
    No doubt I could have walked away with a new rifle had I been there earlier. Wish there was time to do some flats...

Last edited:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I shill have a few flats I wanted to bend. :(
    THE WABBIT! THE WABBIT! :rockwoot:

Thanks a lot for all you were able to do. Wish I could have gotten there earlier but that was out of my control.
    No doubt I could have walked away with a new rifle had I been there earlier. Wish there was time to do some flats...

I was hoping we would have more than one press at the party. When I got there, I asked if anyone needed flats pressed. From our last event, I learned that we needed to move everyone together rather than one at a time to get more rifles done in time. Hopefully this will get the AK building bug in more people and we'll have another event soon. I'll be there.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Many thanks to Trigger Time for hosting and The Wabbit for schooling me on the art of riveting AK's. I learned alot! Thanks also to 1911 for taking care of my hideous trigger rivets (old originals) and that annoying gas piston 3mm rivet. I look forward to the next build party. I am going to invest in that riveting tool that The Wabbit had that way if he is there again we can have 2 going at the same time plus it gives me an excuse to buy some more AK kits. I feel an AMD63, polish/bulgarian or hungarian flavor.

Many thanks again to all that were there to help everyone else out and definitely to all that brought tools and loaned tools to the party! Thanks again!

I will have a build party in my 3 car garage as soon as I get power ran to it but that wont be until next year after I build my new house. Im talking AC,Heat,All the power tool comforts that us men need, and possibly even a milling machine! :cool: Im in the country on 5 acres so after you build your rifle you walk around back and can test fire it too!

Sorry for not being able to come thru on the press that I intended to bring. One would just not fit in my Tahoe with the rest of the stuff. Next time Ill bring my 7x12 enclosed trailer....If I can find a place to park it all!

Last edited:

Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Hey guys, It looks like a awesome time. I was there in spirit. I will definitely make the next one. Sten or AK. Wabbit is that the tabuk flashhider from Nodakspud. I was thinking of putting that one on the other ak build and even an RPK? It looks fantastic. With that Vepr, you took a rifle I really don't like aesthetically and made it awesome. Good job...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hey guys, It looks like a awesome time. I was there in spirit. I will definitely make the next one. Sten or AK. Wabbit is that the tabuk flashhider from Nodakspud. I was thinking of putting that one on the other ak build and even an RPK? It looks fantastic. With that Vepr, you took a rifle I really don't like aesthetically and made it awesome. Good job...

We'll be having another party, That's for sure. Call me when you have time. We'll go over everything.

Top Bottom