• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I'd like to do another build party, either host or just attend. I'd like to build a triangle side folding ak-74 since I can't find one for sale locally even though I keep hearing people are dumping their ak-74's. I haven't seen it on ingo. Of coarse not many AK's are selling here.
    If you decide to host another, Im in. Ill bring my tools and press so we can have more stations available for everyone so we can get rid of the bottlenecks.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Chinese are different. 2 rivet vs. 4 rivet.

I keep trying to edit my post but get a 'bad gateway' error...... anyway, in addition to chinese:

Milled receiver trigger guards are a little different in the height at the front when compared to a stamped receiver trigger guard. Probably because the selector stop "spacer" is part of the milled receiver, and is a separate piece on a stamped receiver. They can be used on a stamped receiver with some work. As me how I know ;)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Terre Haute is a long haul for me and my situation. I'll have to see how it goes. I am down for another party. That's for sure!!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Chinese are different. 2 rivet vs. 4 rivet.
    Yes, not a lot of Chinese Kits though so I left those out. Milled vs Stamped can have differences as well. However for most kits they are all the same, can't tell a Bulgarian from a Romanian from a Russian etc

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    there are many hotels here in TH or you could even stay with the Warthog if you aren't worried about a house cat. :cool:

Cat's don't bother me except for the allergy's. I am an animal lover. Cat's and smoking are a no go for me. I asthma. I can go the motel route NP. I appreciate the offer though.

We will see how this pans out. I am down for another party! 100%

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Keep me posted when the next AK build party comes up!
    I wanted to attend this one, but I was out of town for work. I have a set of Toth Tool rivet jaws and trigger guard rivet tool.

Currently I have 3 Hungarian Underfolder kits, one with original barrel. I still need to get receivers ordered and barrels for the other two. To hold me over, I sent my 4th and best kit (Mint Hungarian Underfolder with original barrel) to Troy Sellers at In-Range to have it built on a 74U LLC receiver. Ideally what I would like to do is build one of my kits with a fixed stock. One of the other kits, I would love to pick up an AMD65 front end with original 12.5" barrel, use a AK63D underfolder stock, and use the AK63D handguards with cutdown gas tube all on a Form 1 receiver to keep it legal.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Keep an eye on the forum. A date will pop up I am sure. Probably in a different thread. A new party might get lost in this one. It's fine with me if this one continues. But the info might get hard to follow.

I'll start another thread or someone else can when we nail down a date and a place!

Let's do this! Again, and again and again!!!!

Don't forget to check out Thewabbits AK build tutorial! He's very knowledgeable on AK's! I am looking forward to following it till completion. I had the chance to meet him this weekend and he is a stand up guy!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I'm disappointed i missed this build party... When and if you guys plan your next party id be happy to assist! i have a acquired and built a few tools that some may find useful especially to the Milled ak's, polish prebent blanks (i have the drill guide), Galil (i have the barrel wrench) and a number of tools for the psl guys ( and the normal barrel install/remove, riveting tools, and a number of different head space gauges in a .223/5.45/7.62/54r

AK related im building a 5.56 Polish beryl clone out of a tantal kit and modifying or building from scratch a rear trunnion to accept the original beryl top mount optic rail

I am also going to be building a CZ2000 LADA clone (currently trying to design a front hand-guard that looks correct) unfortunately there very little information and pictures available for the LADA

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sounds great!! Keep an eye out. Sounds like cool projects.

There is even some small talk of some small 2 or 3 projects for special stuff. We'll see what pan's out.

Top Bottom