• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    OK, so I have a gun for sale on the classifieds. I get an e-mail from someone referencing the item, and I assume he is an INGO member. It looks a little weird, but I don't think much of it. The I realize I am getting personal e-mails, and not PM's. I try to find the guys handle, using his e-mail name as a start. Can't find him. Luckily, he called the deal off. I almost screwed up, but learned a lesson. Now, my "e-mail JimmyR" option is disabled.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

NOTE: Ok, re-read this, and I wasn't clear. The guy that wanted to buy it didn't have ANY posts on INGO, and I was about to violate INGO classifieds 50 post rules.

Last edited:

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Doesn't necessarily mean he was trying to scam you. He might not have enough posts to pm.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So, I'm currently in England right now and can't come face to face. So I am going to send you a certified check for $500 more than your asking price.......

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I bought a nice firearm collection from a deposed Nigeria dictator. Just gave them my routing numbers...

Thank yuo Mr. IndyJoe... I represent province of clickity clack. I regret to inform you of unfortunate news. Your uncle named PhillyJoe, recently past in death do too a snowmobile accident while exploring the rainforrest. He left behind 3 million U.S. DOLLARS and a collection of 1919's, as well as other firearms solely to you. In order for this to be given to yuo we well need information as follows. Banking number, social security number, mailing address, blood type, grass sample from your front yard, type of tires on your current car, and recent toenail clippings.

Please reply to recieve further details where to send this information.

Regards and blessings,
    Chief Hubba Bubba, Nigerian Council.

On a serious note, how did you almost get burned man? Like thinking this was an attepmt at an unlawful purchase or something?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Since it came through his personal EMail he is afraid of getting burnt by an ATF sting, maybe? I'm not gonna give the guy too had a time. He just wanted to do what was right, go a bad vibe and the sale didn't go through.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    OK, I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't able to see of the guy had the appropriate post count. In fact, once he gave my his name, I found he had 0 posts. I try to follow the rules, and this time I almost screwed up. I know its not a huge deal, but I know I tried to get around this (inadvertantly) when I started, and was graciously corrected by an INGO member when I attempted to make a purchase.

Top Bottom