already have an AR-15, so who cares if they ban them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I think he was saying to require firearms training to graduate school, not as a prerequisite to ownership.
    So my eight year old won’t be allowed to shoot my .22 until after graduating high school? I’ll agree, suppressor’s shouldn’t be regulated, however, requiring firearms training is still violating the 2nd Amendment. Want kids to be safe and respect firearms and life, teach them that, that’s the parents job, not the schools.
    There is a motion proposed in california to require some form of crossdressing training before one can graduate highschool, whether this comes in the form of attending a drag show or taking part in a transvestite class from your school or other. Not allowing an individual to get a highschool diploma without taking a firearm safety course would increase awareness, and ensure that people know the options by the time they graduate highschool.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This will fix it....

Can fix that, by adding "vote" and "gender change".

funny how they want to raise the age for some things, but lower it for others.

If only there were a word for that.... hmmmmm maybe "hypocrite"?

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Murderers should be executed.
    If not, they should never be set free from prison.
    You murder somebody, you should forfeit your life, either by execution or life in prison without parole.

My problem with that, is how many times have you heard of a guy being set free because years later, they found out the ruling was wrong.
    Kinda hard to do that to a dead guy.

But, if the evidence is good enough, I might be for it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My problem with that, is how many times have you heard of a guy being set free because years later, they found out the ruling was wrong.

That is how I think too. You find Dahmer with bodies in the freezer or Gacy with them buried in the basement, kill away.

Too many cases are tried with circumstantial or less than reliable evidence.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    There is a motion proposed in california to require some form of crossdressing training before one can graduate highschool, whether this comes in the form of attending a drag show or taking part in a transvestite class from your school or other. Not allowing an individual to get a highschool diploma without taking a firearm safety course would increase awareness, and ensure that people know the options by the time they graduate highschool.
    I’m all for schools teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic. They don’t need to teach my kids how to vote, how to cross dress, or how to be safe with a firearm, that’s my job (yes, I did say cross dressing was my job) I understand your position, I just feel like that’s not what the schools should be doing. An after school program, heck yeah, maybe a team that enters shooting competitions, you bet.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Can we decide as a group that we need common sense gun control reform? Silencers should be deregulated, and firearms safety courses, with life fire portions, should become required to graduate an american highschool. This would lead to individuals who are safer with guns, and hopefully less careless death, and more armed good guys to defend against evil.
    While we are at it, let's get rid of the NFA, then the GCA etc..

We gave an inch, they took a yard, and want to steal a mile. Time to take back the roadway.

They want to play with words... "Gun Control means being able to hit your target" and only your target.

Now let's talk about Crime Control.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Murderers should be executed.
    If not, they should never be set free from prison.
    You murder somebody, you should forfeit your life, either by execution or life in prison without parole.
    Almost with ya... but like others have said, too many mediocre cases, and over aggressive Prosecutors, for me to get all the way there. (Think about the Rittenhouse case and Thomas Binger.)

I am for sentences being a punishment, not rehabilitation or what not. More like what I saw in the military. Sentences weren't long, and when they were done, they were done. Before they were done, the convicts were very sorry and very 'uncomfortable'.

I also feel that the convicted should get a choice: You can do X to life, or you can chose to end it. It saves them years of misery, taxpayers a lot of money, and frees up a bed for the next one.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Almost with ya... but like others have said, too many mediocre cases, and over aggressive Prosecutors, for me to get all the way there. (Think about the Rittenhouse case and Thomas Binger.)

I am for sentences being a punishment, not rehabilitation or what not. More like what I saw in the military. Sentences weren't long, and when they were done, they were done. Before they were done, the convicts were very sorry and very 'uncomfortable'.

I also feel that the convicted should get a choice: You can do X to life, or you can chose to end it. It saves them years of misery, taxpayers a lot of money, and frees up a bed for the next one.
    How about we compromise on this, we go back to hard labor. All prison is at this point is teaching people to be better criminals, so let’s make it a miserable experience that people walk away from fearing to go back?

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    How about we compromise on this, we go back to hard labor. All prison is at this point is teaching people to be better criminals, so let’s make it a miserable experience that people walk away from fearing to go back?
    Give them exercise bike generators. They can pedal to charge green gov't vehicles. Maybe some kind of credit for going over X miles?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Give them exercise bike generators. They can pedal to charge green gov't vehicles. Maybe some kind of credit for going over X miles?
    Frankly I think more of the public should have some first hand experience in the amount of energy required for their daily activities.

Want to stay warm this winter or eat hot food/coffee or take a hot shower? There's a hand saw, axe & maul.
    Want to keep your food refrigerated, watch TV or surf the internet? There's a bicycle generator.

Would seem to solve a couple of 1st world problems right quick...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Then at least don't give them parole.
    Problem is, they could murder fellow inmates who are serving a few years for much lesser crimes, which isn't right either.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

That's why God created the Aleutian Islands, like Devil's Island but damp and chilly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Frankly I think more of the public should have some first hand experience in the amount of energy required for their daily activities.

Want to stay warm this winter or eat hot food/coffee or take a hot shower? There's a hand saw, axe & maul.
    Want to keep your food refrigerated, watch TV or surf the internet? There's a bicycle generator.

As much as we would all say yes this a good idea I am wondering how many of you guys are volunteering to do all of this for the sick /weak/elderly.
    Just curious.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010

I SO agree. When my daughter started driving, I had her get a couple friends and try to push the SUV up the driveway. Just up the driveway! Then told them to think about the energy they burn just driving around. I would rant about needing hand crank/pedal generators for charging smart phones. Amazing how disconnected we are from reality when it comes to the energy we consume.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

-Snip-
    i remember saying this same thing some years ago.

I learned this when I designed and built a system to charge a 12volt 870 Amp Hour battery bank with 1100 Watt inverter to power a small cabin in the woods.

I'd have to charge the bank with a 6.5 hp motor, connected to a Leesce-Neville alternator at about 90amps for 3-4 hours every other day.

It would give enough power for basic lighting with 7 watt CFL bulbs, a laptop computer, and an old Marantz 1060 amp for music.

IMG_5383-10x15-72.jpg IMG_5388-10x15-72.jpg IMG_5392-15x10-72.jpg

Top Bottom