already have an AR-15, so who cares if they ban them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeaton86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Princeton
    WOW. YOU HAVE A AR15 WITH HI CAP MAGS AND YOU RELOAD.
    So does half of America lol our rights are our rights dont brag about what u already have or do or that YOU woild b safe if they banned them brag about protecting our way of life and our rights brag about raising children who have respect for firearms sorry to just jump on someone post but thats something else thats wrong with America what happened to helping and looking after one another i see it daily people are only worried about their self . I agree me and mine need taken care of however id do anything i could to help a fellow 2A family or person out . Not sitting back sayin well im good sucks to b them ! .

Ric59roc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Chicago Ridge
    It's not 'Their' motive. They are trying to get votes because they are so far in the hole. They don't give a dam about the kids and if they did they would go for the real reason for these mass shootings.
    If the liberal fat heads gave a rat's ass about the kids, this kind of thing would never have happened. Based on previous catastrophes alone, the schools should have surveillance systems AND armed security on staff. And how about training and arming teachers? I agree with most of you...either you're all in or you're not. Owning a fire arm is our God given right. November can't come fast enough...

Jamie-K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2021
    Kosciusko County
    I already have one with hi cap mags and reload 223, so if they ban them I don`t care, plus I see so many out there for sale on line and at gun shows, how could banning them have any effect?
    Because this is the beginning of a very long road !!! Once they ban this, then they will ban that, and so on and so on ... Then when you go to purchase reloading supplies, they will end up knocking on your door and taking "YOUR" guns !!!

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Which of your other rights are you willing to compromise? You probably don't care about the Fourth Amendment, because the police will never target you unfairly, so it is okay for them to rummage through other people's stuff?

Or the Fifth Amendment, because everyone should just answer the government's questions, because what do you have to hide?

Just a couple of 'fer instances, there. But, you have yours, and it will never change for you, right?

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Didn’t Rhode Island or some such liberal enclave ban “high capacity” magazines and had a 1% compliance rate with turn in? I can’t remember if it was that or some other registration scheme. Point being, virtually nobody complied.
    Imagine this totally ridiculous and fictitious idea:

What if the goal is to disarm (even imprison) the citizens most likely to oppose most of their intentions. What if they know that 99% of otherwise law abiding gun owners will not comply. By not complying, they are now committing a felony, and once discovered and tried, they become felons. Felons are prohibited from owning/carrying a firearm. Now they can legally disarm, completely, the very citizens that may stand in their way. Would this be a way to both circumvent the 2nd A; and to deal with pesky opposition?

How many good citizens do you think they will need to make an example of before most others either destroy/turn in their "high capacity" magazines, or bury them so deep in the back forty that they practically don't exist.

I can hear CNN headlines now.

Of course this is ridiculous fantasy.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    What is the thread discussing the lefts 'gun owner/expert' they always parade around? Some tool that had a GS in Ohio or Pennsylvania. That's what the OP reminds me of. Anyway- dontfeed

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Imagine this totally ridiculous and fictitious idea:

What if the goal is to disarm (even imprison) the citizens most likely to oppose most of their intentions. What if they know that 99% of otherwise law abiding gun owners will not comply. By not complying, they are now committing a felony, and once discovered and tried, they become felons. Felons are prohibited from owning/carrying a firearm. Now they can legally disarm, completely, the very citizens that may stand in their way. Would this be a way to both circumvent the 2nd A; and to deal with pesky opposition?

How many good citizens do you think they will need to make an example of before most others either destroy/turn in their "high capacity" magazines, or bury them so deep in the back forty that they practically don't exist.

I can hear CNN headlines now.

Of course this is ridiculous fantasy.
    Where in "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" does it make exceptions for felons?

Also, per the person being called the president stating that the second amendment is not absolute, let us take it to the first as well. SHUT DOWN THIS WEBSITE! At the writing of the constitution, hand written notes were delivered usually by foot or horseback, so internet, cell phones, and any electronic transmission could also be denied if the second amendment supposedly (which it does not) only apply to weapons at the time of it's writing.

There, now to pour the bourbon. Hey they tried to ban that and look what happened!!!

Johnman98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    Indianapolis, IN
    Where in "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" does it make exceptions for felons?

Also, per the person being called the president stating that the second amendment is not absolute, let us take it to the first as well. SHUT DOWN THIS WEBSITE! At the writing of the constitution, hand written notes were delivered usually by foot or horseback, so internet, cell phones, and any electronic transmission could also be denied if the second amendment supposedly (which it does not) only apply to weapons at the time of it's writing.

There, now to pour the bourbon. Hey they tried to ban that and look what happened!!!
    That's a weak argument. So if someone murders someone and they serve their time you want to give them a firearm? GTFOH

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    M6lE.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's a weak argument. So if someone murders someone and they serve their time you want to give them a firearm? GTFOH
    If they're too dangerous to be in society, then they shouldn't be in society. Simple as that really. If they've served their time, including any parole, then they should be free to defend themselves. Don't want them to do that? Then keep them in prison or execute them.

Top Bottom