• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I like to have my fun with them and move on. Sure, I have a core group of firearms that I would never think about selling. Most others are common and replaceable and have no fond memories attached to them. Tastes change and im not going to hold onto something just because I thought it was the bees knees 20 years ago or 3 months ago. Sometimes, the grass is greener on the other side. :) Life is too short to regret all the little stuff IMO.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I sold two revolvers to fund my P226, and a Browning lever action .22 to pay my bills. I'm one of the unusual ones on this board in that I don't have GAS. I find a gun I really like, and unless I find something I like A LOT better, I'm not going to switch. I have my Sig, which is my OC/HD gun. I don't need another gun (yeah, blasphemy, I know). I have a shotgun for hunting things with feathers, a .270 which can handle everything up to elk (in other states of course), my P226 and that's pretty much it. I wouldn't mind having an AR at some point in time, a 10/22, and/or a handgun caliber lever-action to hunt here in Indiana instead of having to leave the state - but it's not the end of the world if I don't get any of these. I would rather spend a little bit extra on quality of the guns I have for each purpose than have a ton of stuff I probably won't shoot very often anyway.

Anyway, my :twocents:, although I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here.

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    When first buying, it is common and I think "normal" to go through a process of finding your personal preference. Just because a buddy lets you try something and you liked it, does not mean you will carry it daily. Nor does it mean that you will regularly find ammo in that caliber. Just like finding the right holster, sometimes owning a first, fifth or fiftieth firearm is a personal quest.

Top Bottom