• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes, backstraps and a dot connector. TOTALLY different.

Magwell, ambi slide stop, different rifling, different finish, different RSA, carry melted/beveled slide, and more... No one who likes Glocks wants totally different. If they did they would buy something else...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Think "ice frozen on a trampoline." That's DLC applied to a soft base.
    It is particularly not so good at harder impacts. It's hard, but brittle. So if you apply the DLC over something that is much softer, it can fracture and peel off. Best to keep on already hardened parts Rc60 or better. Or so I'm told by knowledgeable folks.

Yojimbo229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    NY
    annnnnd there was a little problem.

BREAKING: Glock 17M Recalled By Police Department - The Firearm Blog
    "...The Firearm Blog’s source within the department declined to be named and only spoke on the condition of anonymity about the problems. Our source stated that the slides were falling off during dry firetraining due to a potential issue with the recoil spring assembly and/or the slide lock. Indianapolis Metro Police Department has recalled all issued Glock 17Ms..."

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Wow! Just wow!

annnnnd there was a little problem.

BREAKING: Glock 17M Recalled By Police Department - The Firearm Blog
    "...The Firearm Blog’s source within the department declined to be named and only spoke on the condition of anonymity about the problems. Our source stated that the slides were falling off during dry firetraining due to a potential issue with the recoil spring assembly and/or the slide lock. Indianapolis Metro Police Department has recalled all issued Glock 17Ms..."

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    As I stated previously it's basically a G-43 scaled up. I was told today, In an effort to minimize the number of parts they are now using the coil spring that, on the earlier guns, was used under the firing pin safety, in that location as well as on the redesigned slide stop and under the slide lock. From what I can gather something about the harmonics of dry firing can cause the slide lock to dislodge allowing the slide to leave the frame. Redesign should be as simple as a stronger spring or replacing the coil with the leaf type spring that has served them very well since the Gen 1s. Just my opinion.
    I also heard that they all shot to the right of point of aim. Not sure what would cause that but Glock has to stop letting their customers sort out the bugs in their new designs or it is going to bite them in the a&& big time.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Top Bottom