• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    So I've had my Motorola Droid X for month now and have found tons of nifty apps.

I love Weather Bug and MyCast Weather, Google Nav, Google Maps and tv.com to name a few.

I was wondering what everyone else like as far as app go.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I use my bank's app a lot :D and also my FaceBook app a lot...I don't have many app's really. Nothing like my brother has on his X...but he's a tech guy

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I ran appkiller for a few day's. It only added a 1/2 day worth of battery.

not if your running 2.2, it has built in app killing functions so apps like ATK are useless.
    i run alot of medical apps like skyscape, epocrates, itriage, mini nurse.
    got to have angry birds as well!

While 2.2 may have one built in, it will not stop the Lazarus app's (installed bloat ware) from coming back to life.

That being said I did'nt like Advanced Task Killer and went with Task Panel (see below) on the advice of a Verizon rep, it has a Killer list that will kill any app that is listed in it's sub category when the phone enters sleep mode.

Now on the battery issue, I had the standard battery that barely lasted 9 hours with low to med use, the I started using ATK, it bumped the battery life up to over 16 hours.

I bought the extended battery and started using Task Panel as a widget and I've gotten more than 48 hours of my phone being on and used.

Also a side note, anyone using the Verizon charger, dump it and buy both the Motorola brand wall and car charger.

The Verizon charger is a slow charger, the Motorola's are rapid. Where it used to take 3+ hours to charge with the V-charger, I can charge in under a hour and a half with a extended battery with the Motorola.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Astrid Tasks, Angry Birds, Chase Banking, USAA Banking, Mint (can you tell I like to monitor my bank accounts, lol) TeslaLED, Titanium Backup, and of course, Rom Manager. I should note, root your phone. It is not hard, and you can get access to some really good ROMs that can save battery life. I am using Pete's Bugless Beast right now, and I like it. I have tried switching, but keep coming back!

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Astrid Tasks, Angry Birds, Chase Banking, USAA Banking, Mint (can you tell I like to monitor my bank accounts, lol) TeslaLED, Titanium Backup, and of course, Rom Manager. I should note, root your phone. It is not hard, and you can get access to some really good ROMs that can save battery life. I am using Pete's Bugless Beast right now, and I like it. I have tried switching, but keep coming back!

Rooting your phone also voids your warranty. With that said, I've had my droid 1 rooted for a long time and Project Elite's roms are the best ones I've found.

kirch86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    If you text, then handcent is a must. battery widget, ring toggle widge, tikl touch to talk, and euchre

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Rooting your phone also voids your warranty. With that said, I've had my droid 1 rooted for a long time and Project Elite's roms are the best ones I've found.

It does, but it doesnt. If you can restore it (find a nerdy friend with the OEM recovery kit, the software is not hard to come by) no one knows. If you were to drop it and not be able to restore it, I would suggest just smashing it a little more so that they cant restore it. Yeah, not the most ethical thing to do, but better than being out the cost of a phone.

I have actually gotten help on my Droid with it rooted. My keyboard is (and was) torn, and they replaced it, despite me obviously have it rooted (I was using a SenseUI theme...). Im not worried about it, but I can understand some people being cautions.

Anyways, anyone know of a good forum browsing app that is compatible with INGO? I Know Tapatalk is, but I have never tried it. Is it worth it?

Top Bottom