• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So what the **** is a robbery, then?

Does this mean sports fans now have to proclaim, "We wuz burgald on that play!"

Knowingly or intentionally taking property from a person, or presence of a person, by force or the threat of force against the person.

Robbery is not a property crime, it requires a human victim to be present and injured, threatened, or otherwise placed in fear in order to steal something.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The store was reasonably cleaned up this afternoon, and workers were busy closing the hole made by the a** holes. Should be open for business at the regular time, tomorrow, 9-29-16, at 10 am.

I was amazed at the relatively minor amount of damage. One display case was hit by the crashed wall but sustained only a cracked top. One other case was smashed to access a few lower-value handguns, but it was repairable, and a worker was there replacing the broken panes. The bulk of the handguns are put in a very large safe every night.

This would be a good time to show support for a very fine operation with knowledgeable, friendly folks and excellent prices.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    We have the shop cleaned up and like i said all our workers are safe. As far as the news is concerned i will address what i can in broad strokes as to not interupt an ongoing investigation.

The story that we were cleaned out or that they made out with a ton of guns is just an out right lie. More than 95% of our guns are packed up every single night into our safe however there were a few lower end firearms that were left out.

To those that say we should secure a shop better they were able to back a car through a cage that was not entirely knocked out and almost pulled the entire wall down with it. They hit the curb at 15+ mph which is pretty darn fast and imparts a catastrophic amount of force.

Just like NIFT said we will be open bright and early 9/29/2016 ready for business and back at it.

Through all of this it means so much to ALL of us at ZX Gun the out reach of support and the kind words. WE really do appreciate it.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    ...I am grateful I did...

Did someone say Grateful Dead?!

here's a song about drummer Mickey Hart's father stealing $150,000 from the band

[video=youtube;7BgzrfUA8lo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BgzrfUA8lo[/video]

...in all seriousness I'm glad everyone's ok and I'll be in to buy some ammo and mags

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Did someone say Grateful Dead?!

here's a song about drummer Mickey Hart's father stealing $150,000 from the band

[video=youtube;7BgzrfUA8lo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BgzrfUA8lo[/video]

...in all seriousness I'm glad everyone's ok and I'll be in to buy some ammo and mags
    always loved that song but never knew the background.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    Can't go tomorrow, but I have been craving a 1911 and was just thinking I should stop in ZX FW earlier this week. Might pop in Friday.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    We have the shop cleaned up and like i said all our workers are safe. As far as the news is concerned i will address what i can in broad strokes as to not interupt an ongoing investigation.

The story that we were cleaned out or that they made out with a ton of guns is just an out right lie. More than 95% of our guns are packed up every single night into our safe however there were a few lower end firearms that were left out.

To those that say we should secure a shop better they were able to back a car through a cage that was not entirely knocked out and almost pulled the entire wall down with it. They hit the curb at 15+ mph which is pretty darn fast and imparts a catastrophic amount of force.

Just like NIFT said we will be open bright and early 9/29/2016 ready for business and back at it.

Through all of this it means so much to ALL of us at ZX Gun the out reach of support and the kind words. WE really do appreciate it.

Much respect. This is how gun stores should be run.

They should be locked in a safe at night, because as I've said before, smash and grabs don't even bother messing with safes.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Can't go tomorrow, but I have been craving a 1911 and was just thinking I should stop in ZX FW earlier this week. Might pop in Friday.

"They" popped in this morning. I hope you are just planning on walking in through the front door and saying hello? :):

Robert and Nate give great report. I drove by the store at 0300 or so. My eyeballs are always on a swivel.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    So i will post another quick update today and then copy over what is on our facebook wall. No longer will there be 95% guns packed away. If you were to come into our shop now after hours you would think we were out of business. There are no longer firearms left out at all in any way shape or form.

Here is the update from Chad & Lisa about the whole ordeal that is posted on our Facebook Page...

"Despite what has been stated in various media, the burglary of our Fort Wayne location early this morning, while the store was closed and unoccupied, resulted in the loss of no ammunition and less than 20 firearms, mostly not of the AR type.Having been in the business of retail firearms for over a decade, we designed both of our locations with safety, security, and loss prevention as a high priority. Everything from polices and procedures, store layout, and electronic and physical security measures were carefully thought out and informed by the hard lessons learned by others in our industry. The reality, however, is that all physical security measures are ultimately limited by the specifics of the buildings we occupy and immediate surroundings. The ideal gun store would be built like a WWII bunker, but urban retail spaces simply are not constructed like that. The high concrete curb and 2" thick steel bars welded together into a solid unit and bolted into the concrete floor did as well as anticipated at stopping a 4,000 lbs speeding vehicle. The vehicle was only able to partially dislodge the bars and did not penetrate into the store. The thieves had to squeeze in to the narrow gap created between the exterior wall and the bars.
    Our cameras collected evidence, our alarm system summoned a quick response from law enforcement, and our large safe and other barriers successfully denied the thieves access to almost the entirety of our firearms inventory. Our friends in local and federal law enforcement are on the case, have collected a ton of evidence, and we have every confidence that the perpetrators will quickly be brought to justice.
    In the meantime, we are reviewing our security measures, we have cleaned up the mess, completed an inventory (see photos), repaired the damage and are prepared to welcome our customers (and the curious public) to both of our locations when we resume normal business hours tomorrow morning.
    We would like to thank members of local law enforcement and the ATF for the quick response and thorough investigation. We also thank our customers and the communities in which are stores are based for the concern and support we have received in the last 24 hours.
    Finally, we are offering a $500 reward for information that directly leads to the arrests of the perpetrators.
    Sincerely,
    Chad & Lisa and the ZX Crew.
    Stay safe!"

Top Bottom