• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I was out at WW this morning for some early morning shooting- the first time I've been in quite a while. It was as if I couldn't remember how to shoot my Glock 17 or my M&P 45. It was a sad affair. :laugh:

I put them away and put a mag in my 1911. And shazam! i had my mojo back. I have always loved the 1911, but I preferred to carry a Glock because of capacity and the lack of manual safety (one less thing to worry about yada yada).

But I suppose that if one should carry what he shoots best, then a 1911 is the carry piece for me. Time to start retraining the muscles......

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    glock are for throwing a gun in the trunk of my atv, if it get scratches no big deal, cause it's not collector piece, it's just a tool & nothing more

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    you shut your face. my 17 isn't going anywhere...my wife loves to hand my Glock. ;)

You're just mad you're girly wrists can only support plastic guns.

LOL!!

Naw, I'm just jealous because I want a 1911. The only one I've ever shot was one that was used in WWII.

Theslab1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Lafayette
    Glock bandwagon

Glocks and other plastic/polymer guns are some pretty amazing achievements in materials for handguns. Polymer technology is relatively new in guns hence perhaps more "trendy". I don't think they are going away anytime soon.
    That being said who wouldn't want a quality built 1911.
    There is a reason they have been around as many years as they have. Rock solid.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I love glock, kind of indifferent to the 1911 even though I own three right now.

If my dan wesson and springfeild ever sell I will just own the series one kimber, and possibly a delta elite in the furutre.

JJT*90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    I think you may have just hit the nail on the head. You have to carry what you are comfortable with, and can shoot. If you can't reliably put rounds on target, you're carrying a liability, not a tool. I guess that's just how I see it though.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I was out at WW this morning for some early morning shooting- the first time I've been in quite a while. It was as if I couldn't remember how to shoot my Glock 17 or my M&P 45. It was a sad affair. :laugh:

I put them away and put a mag in my 1911. And shazam! i had my mojo back. I have always loved the 1911, but I preferred to carry a Glock because of capacity and the lack of manual safety (one less thing to worry about yada yada).

But I suppose that if one should carry what he shoots best, then a 1911 is the carry piece for me. Time to start retraining the muscles......

Welcome back from the darkside Luke..:rockwoot:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Like my Glock 26, tried 30 didn't care for it. Really like my Springfield & Sig Trad Compact 1911s, but Love my HKs (HK45C, P30 in 9mm & 40). Want to try out new 3.8 XDM in 45 acp

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    At least you are still shooting and got your mojo back. Glock/1911, whatever helps a person out with their "trigger therapy" at the range. :) All is good.

Top Bottom