• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Which? The information on him being a law abiding citizen? That's reported in quite a few of the articles (I've seen some news articles talk about misdemeanors, but if you find one that actually says what they were, you find out it was driving without insurance and then later, driving on a suspended license... Al Capone he was not). That he was a concealed carry permit holder? Also reported in multiple articles?

The part about being shot while complying with the officers instructions? That came from the girlfriend, in her video, taken literally right after the shooting. Unless, in the midst of shock of seeing her boyfriend shot 4 times right in front of her and her child, she had the presence of mind to start a false narrative (which I find unlikely), we have the evidence right there. You can also hear the panic in the officers voice in the video, which would make sense if he realizes he made a mistake.

Family: Man Dead After Officer-Involved Shooting In Twin Cities « WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Officer: Ma’am, keep your hands where they are.
    Reynolds: I am sir, no worries.
    Officer: [Yells expletive.]
    Reynolds: He just got his arm shot off. We got pulled over on Larpenteur.
    Officer: I told him not to reach for it! I told him to get his head up!
    Reynolds: He had, you told him to get his ID, sir, his driver’s license. Please don’t tell me he’s dead.
    Officer: [Expletive.]
    Reynolds: Please don’t tell me my boyfriend just went like that.
    Officer: Keep your hands where they are.
    Reynolds: Yes I will, sir. I will keep my hands where they are. Please don’t tell me that he’s gone. Please don’t tell me that he’s gone. Please officer, don’t tell me that you just did this to him. You shot four bullets into him, sir. He was just getting his license and registration, sir.
    OK, I've been there, done that. I've seen passengers/friends/etc side with the "suspect" to the point where the truth could not be found. Now this could be 100% a bad shoot, but I'm more concerned with what the officer knew and saw, which might have been quite different than the passenger.

Last edited:

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I think this was a bad shot by the cops F word alone. No one says F like that if they did not just F something up. This was not a oh F my moms home or a holy F ing shet. This was a F>>> as in I just F ed up. And when he tried to defend him self with the I told him to get his hands up just helped nail the coffin.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I think this was a bad shot by the cops F word alone. No one says F like that if they did not just F something up. This was not a oh F my moms home or a holy F ing shet. This was a F>>> as in I just F ed up. And when he tried to defend him self with the I told him to get his hands up just helped nail the coffin.

i'm sure i would say **** more than a couple times if i shot someone......so that is not proof if it was a bad shoot or not.....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What if he had been white, instead of black? Interestingly enough, 71% of police killed (outside of traffic accidents) in the line of duty are killed by white men

Yet, it seems that black men are disproportionately shot by police.

Also, are you implying that because someone speaks in an English dialect different than yours and is in possession of a small amount of something that is now fully legal in 4 states and legal with a prescription in 24 states (numbers I expect to increase after November) including the state in which they were in, that they deserve to be shot? If so, I would ask that you take a moment to look inside and re-examine some of those beliefs because they aren't very flattering.
    Really?

Cop in the Hood: Killed by Police (2 of 3): Race

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Black people ARE disproportionately shot by police...BUT, it's open to debate as why. And while I think in "some" instances the racial aspect is true, I think, far and away, most are related more to poverty, the places poor people tend to live, the prevalence of crime in those area, and the disproportionate amount of attention those places get from law enforcement.... in other words, I'd feel safer, and expect less police contact, as a black resident in a rich neighborhood, than as a white resident in a trailer park.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Quick side note: Do you think having such an older police department could create a situation where a wave of retirements leads to a super young police department?

I ask because about 6 years ago I was taking an NRA basic Rifle class with a recently retired Chicago cop. This guy was the stereotypical CPD officer of the 70's and 80's, mid-50's, white hair, a gut :D, and a thick Wilford Brimley mustaches. In fact, the guy actually looked a lot like Wilford Brimley. I had come back to Illinois after several years away for college and work. I asked him why the cops looked so young now. He said that for a long time CPD had the oldest police officers of any major department, and now they had the youngest. I chalked it up to mass retirements and new hires.

Less experienced, yes. Younger, no. Hire guys in there upper 20s/early 30s and your rookies are about the age of mid career officers in some places.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Black people ARE disproportionately shot by police...BUT, it's open to debate as why. And while I think in "some" instances the racial aspect is true, I think, far and away, most are related more to poverty, the places poor people tend to live, the prevalence of crime in those area, and the disproportionate amount of attention those places get from law enforcement.... in other words, I'd feel safer, and expect less police contact, as a black resident in a rich neighborhood, than as a white resident in a trailer park.
    As you know, for the most part we are reactive. While we patrol ALL parts of the city, City leaders have us focus on the areas with the statistically high crime rates. Right now it's murders and agg assaults. Sooo, these high crime rates dictate where we focus and the the race of those we deal with are determined by who lives in those areas.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    [h=3]"Minnesota governor: Unlikely driver would be shot if white"[/h]They've also turned it over to their state investigative agency and the DoJ will be involved, no doubt. Fortunately, the local PD will be pushed aside, for their own good and the good of the investigation.

Minnesota governor: Unlikely driver would be shot if white - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

I found that to be interesting. I am not sociologist but I watched a study of officers in shoot don't shoot scenarios that found black suspects were given slightly more time before being shot by the officer. I think it was conducted in Seattle. Anyone heard of this ?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Would this have saved Mr. Castile at this traffic stop? Acording to his girlfriend he told the Officer he was legal to Carry & was trying to get his CCW License when he was shot. He was shot while digging into his back pocket to get his Carry License. Trying to get his CCW while digging in his back pocket, this is when he was shot. This is a Neck ID Case that might prevent this from happening. Read this article Legallyarmed.com The Internet Site For Legallyarmed Law Abiding Citizens

Another thing that would have saved his life is if cops weren't so jumpy around black males. This cop should be sitting in jail while all the 'facts are collected' - Nothing that's surfaced about this guy should cause any sort of doubt as to his story. He has his license which means he's been background checked. He was killed because this officer brought his racial prejudice with him to the traffic stop.

Get him off administrative leave, take his badge and lock him up.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Another thing that would have saved his life is if cops weren't so jumpy around black males. This cop should be sitting in jail while all the 'facts are collected' - Nothing that's surfaced about this guy should cause any sort of doubt as to his story. He has his license which means he's been background checked. He was killed because this officer brought his racial prejudice with him to the traffic stop.

Get him off administrative leave, take his badge and lock him up.
    I'd like to see the evidence you have that would convict this officer as it sits right now. There are a lot of ASSumptions in this post. "Nothing has surfaced", really? You expect all the evidence gets released BEFORE the investigation really gets moving? As I have stated before, this might 100% be a bad shoot. However, not being a part of the actual investigation team, I'd be sorely mistaken to think I had enough info right now to make a determination.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As you know, for the most part we are reactive. While we patrol ALL parts of the city, City leaders have us focus on the areas with the statistically high crime rates. Right now it's murders and agg assaults. Sooo, these high crime rates dictate where we focus and the the race of those we deal with are determined by who lives in those areas.

oh, Im clear, and I think such attention is jusified. Is the same here. Since we took in the Michigan corridor, we've put more officers out that way, and have locked up a LOT of people. Our western districts used to be DUI and domestic snoozefests, no so much the past few years.... Well, extreme west.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We should follow this closely. It is important that we learn exactly what happened so that we can learn from it and avoid being on either side of an incident like this in the future.

(if you are a male latino and ESPECIALLY male black)
    1. The police is not you friend and wants to kill you.
    2. Ensure your vehicle is in working order to avoid the police
    3. Avoid the police at all cost (ie. Police car behind you or several cars behind going south, make a turn at the next intersection even if it means a detour of your route.
    4. Dress up, slacks/shirt/tie*

If pulled over
    1. Turn off the car
    2. Turn on the inside lights
    3. Roll window down
    4. STICK BOTH HANDS OUT OF WINDOW SO POLICE CAN SEE.
    5. Wait

Expect to get pulled out of car or told to get out.
    Why? Because you can not use your hands to get id, car info, etc. If you move them closer to your body you may get shot.

So expect to get out slowly and handcuffed for "officer safety"

Yes its bs and your rights will/may be violated but if you want to live and are brown or black male you play by those rules when you drive.

*dressing up while not always fun, especially on hot,muggy days, and the world treats you different. Different in a good way.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    (if you are a male latino and ESPECIALLY male black)
    1. The police is not you friend and wants to kill you.
    2. Ensure your vehicle is in working order to avoid the police
    3. Avoid the police at all cost (ie. Police car behind you or several cars behind going south, make a turn at the next intersection even if it means a detour of your route.

If pulled over
    1. Turn off the car
    2. Turn on the inside lights
    3. Roll window down
    4. STICK BOTH HANDS OUT OF WINDOW SO POLICE CAN SEE.
    5. Wait

Expect to get pulled out of car or told to get out.
    Why? Because you can not use your hands to get id, car info, etc. If you move them closer to your body you may get shot.

So expect to get out slowly and handcuffed for "officer safety"

Yes its bs and your rights will/may be violated but if you want to live and are brown or black male you play by those rules when you drive.

Top Bottom