• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I was told today that a federal correction officer told that after June first there will be no application for any kind of personal carry permit. That they will not issue any permits at all after June 1. I realize that's 3 rd party info but has anyone else heard of that?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I was told today that a federal correction officer told that after June first there will be no application for any kind of personal carry permit. That they will not issue any permits at all after June 1. I realize that's 3 rd party info but has anyone else heard of that?

He is an idiot.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Teeth talk. Ignore it.

Smile and nod, smile and nod.:D

The General Assembly has not been in session since last April. The only gun bills that were passed were pro-gun reforms.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No it's true. Indiana lifetime "permit" is going away.
    Law also says you must ship all your pre-1994 mags to Cygnus or you will be exiled to Hoboken , NJ

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was told by a co worker that his cousin (twice removed) best friend knew someone who worked as a meter maid, dated someone who knows a person that worked with the brother of a LEO's wife, who overheard another's LEO's wife say she read a letter that stated, that............... Heck... never mind.. I'm going to bed.. :tinfoil:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Sometimes, the rumor spreaders are humorous. Sometimes, they're sad in their naivety. Sometimes, it can be a little of both. Either way, ya just wanna smack em.........

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    This person is known to stir the pot. I told the person that told me that it was bogus that the federal correction didn't have anything to do with it that they had to have them too I assume and not to worry about it and with all the gun control stuff going on it would be big news that wouldn't come from the rumor mill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Gun culture rumors are spread by:

1. Concerned people that want to allay their own fears. "Ummm, I heard that . . ." (They want it not to be true but phrase it as true so you can shoot it down for them).

2. Dealers looking to spur a sale, e.g. the rumor in 1989 that Ruger was going to market the Mini-14 as "CM" standing for closed magazine. This was done to sell Mini-14s after Stockton.

3. Teeth talkers who are just spouting nonsense because they know no better or want to seem as if the are "plugged in". Ego building exercises.

4. People looking to save themselves work, e.g. the end of lifetime LCTH which was started by a clerk at the Howard County Sheriff so that, she thought, to save work.

5. Mixing of different laws from other sources or state. E.g. Kirk's First Law or the admin decision by DNR to end lifetime hunting license and thus the clerk's rumor about LCTHs seem authentic. This is actually the most common gun culture rumor source as talk radio, the Internet, MyFace, etc. give distracted people snippets and with the kids and the dog, my wife, my life, people cannot focus.

6. The extreme poor quality of government schools is another source. Most people you will talk to at the gun shop or gun show believe that laws are created when some clerk wakes up from a nap and decides to do something. Not even Schoolhouse Rock is taught in school as Heather has Two Mommies and putting condoms on fruit takes up a lot of time and effort.

Top Bottom