• ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Gun culture rumors are spread by:

1. Concerned people that want to allay their own fears. "Ummm, I heard that . . ." (They want it not to be true but phrase it as true so you can shoot it down for them).

2. Dealers looking to spur a sale, e.g. the rumor in 1989 that Ruger was going to market the Mini-14 as "CM" standing for closed magazine. This was done to sell Mini-14s after Stockton.

3. Teeth talkers who are just spouting nonsense because they know no better or want to seem as if the are "plugged in". Ego building exercises.

4. People looking to save themselves work, e.g. the end of lifetime LCTH which was started by a clerk at the Howard County Sheriff so that, she thought, to save work.

5. Mixing of different laws from other sources or state. E.g. Kirk's First Law or the admin decision by DNR to end lifetime hunting license and thus the clerk's rumor about LCTHs seem authentic. This is actually the most common gun culture rumor source as talk radio, the Internet, MyFace, etc. give distracted people snippets and with the kids and the dog, my wife, my life, people cannot focus.

6. The extreme poor quality of government schools. Most people you will talk to at the gun shop or gun show believe that laws are created when some clerk wakes up from a nap and decides to do something. Not even Schoolhouse Rock is taught in school as Heather has Two Mommies and putting condoms on fruit takes up a lot of time and effort.

How profound. Seriously. Rep.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I was told today that a federal correction officer told that after June first there will be no application for any kind of personal carry permit. That they will not issue any permits at all after June 1. I realize that's 3 rd party info but has anyone else heard of that?
    Everything your FCO friend has told you is TRUE. Fortunately, I have been approved as the HMFIC for any applications submitted after June 1st. I can expedite your application for a $100 processing fee. This will put you at the top of the list. Please don't hesitate as June 1st is rapidly approaching!

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Man, if I had a quarter for every time this rumor has been brought up on INGO I could build a 200 stall state of the art indoor range...and I'd invite everyone on INGO to come and make use of it.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    Are you sure you aren't misinterpreting what he told you?

He is somewhat correct. Sheriff's departments & police departments will no longer handle firearms permits. All applications must be done electronically, and then you schedule an appointment to get fingerprinted at a 3rd party location effectibe July 1, 2013.

ISP: Firearms Licensing

The ISP Firearms Licensing Section is currently experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of applications. Therefore, applicants should anticipate the following timelines:

For those using MorphoTrust (formerly L-1 Fingerprinting Solutions)--11 to 13 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    For those submitting paper fingerprint cards and applications--16 to 18 weeks from the date your money order was cashed.
    Beginning March 26, 2013, all applications must be submitted electronically, and printed paper copies will not be accepted. Additionally, beginning July 1, 2013, all applications must be submitted electronically and all fingerprints must be taken and submitted electronically through MorphoTrust.

ISP: Firearms Permit Application Process

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    As I said it was 3rd party info but he was all nervous about it. I personally don't care about it because I know the people that started it and feel like its bogus. But needless to say the subject has gotten some colorful comments.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Earlier BKExpress said:

If the correction officer worked in Illinois, there is a good possibility he heard it from a former governor, congressman or other disgraced politician. :D

Actually no ryan served his time at Terre Haute and Blagoyavich (sp) is incarcerated at FCI Endlewood Colorado outside Denver

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I was told by a co worker that his cousin (twice removed) best friend knew someone who worked as a meter maid, dated someone who knows a person that worked with the brother of a LEO's wife, who overheard another's LEO's wife say she read a letter that stated, that............... Heck... never mind.. I'm going to bed.. :tinfoil:
    LOL. Good one. Best line I`ve heard in a while. :)::laugh::yesway:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Here's a rumor I heard that I think we can all get behind. That a certain legislator is writting a proposal to add a 3rd "carry permit" to IN's current lineup. This new one would require training and meet the requirements for acceptance by as many if not more States than the Utah permit. IN's other permits would still be available.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Here's a rumor I heard that I think we can all get behind. That a certain legislator is writting a proposal to add a 3rd "carry permit" to IN's current lineup. This new one would require training and meet the requirements for acceptance by as many if not more States than the Utah permit. IN's other permits would still be available.

I've taken a couple of NRA sanctioned courses. Would they count? What proof would I have to show?

Sounds like maybe overcomplicating a pretty good thing.
    I can't see more red tape and poodle hoops to jump through as a positive thing at this point......

I have a feeling that a lot of States that disdain our current system are still going to show disdain for IN, no matter what we add.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I've taken a couple of NRA sanctioned courses. Would they count? What proof would I have to show?

Sounds like maybe overcomplicating a pretty good thing.
    I can't see more red tape and poodle hoops to jump through as a positive thing at this point......

I have a feeling that a lot of States that disdain our current system are still going to show disdain for IN, no matter what we add.

I don't know anymore than what I wrote. I wish I could remember the name of the State Rep but it escapes me. I heard it from the range master at Linden. They had a pistol class for women a few weeks back and the instructor of the class was the one supposedly working with the Rep in crafting the bill.

It's just a rumor but one that may have just a touch more validity than most but again it's just a rumor as far as I'm concerned since I didn't hear from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We need a new sub-forum:

Rumor_Mill_Cover.jpg

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I don't know anymore than what I wrote. I wish I could remember the name of the State Rep but it escapes me. I heard it from the range master at Linden. They had a pistol class for women a few weeks back and the instructor of the class was the one supposedly working with the Rep in crafting the bill.

It's just a rumor but one that may have just a touch more validity than most but again it's just a rumor as far as I'm concerned since I didn't hear from the "horses mouth" so to speak.

Sure. I understand. Thanks for reporting, I didn't mean to appear overly critical........

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have been approved as the HMFIC for any applications submitted after June 1st. I can expedite your application for a $100 processing fee. This will put you at the top of the list. Please don't hesitate as June 1st is rapidly approaching!

Can I be your AMFIC? When they call to ask where their permit is, I'll answer the phone for you and tell them that we're very busy and for an extra $50, I will move it the top of the pile of applications on the HMFIC's desk.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

That kind of thing has been discussed in the state house, maybe even proposed. I fear that the more likely scenario if that is added is that the LTCH as it now stands will eventually be phased out.

Top Bottom