Another "victim" in the "lost" war on drugs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    But what makes one break-in "valid" and the other "not valid"? Law? The majority made a rule?

So if the majority got together and made a rule that everyone with alcohol in their house was going to get a team of armed visitors breaking down their door..... that's "valid"?

What about rights? The right to pursue happiness? The right to own property? The right to use your body how you please? Are these ideas "invalid" because the majority wills it?

This is the democratic way :D

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    What about violent drug offenses? Mexican drug cartels aren't run by Ghandi.

I get it. If they legalized pot tomorrow I'd say "great" and move on, as I don't really get the prohibition against it. I also won't sit here and pretend that the illicit drug trade is not the driving force behind the majority of non-domestic violent crime in our city every day.

I abhor violence unless absolutely necessary. Objecting to people being thrown in jail and having their rights curtailed for smoking a little dope is not remotely comparable to approving of the cartels' murderous tactics. Frankly, that is either a non sequitur or simply a disingenuous argument thinly veiled as "just asking questions." The cartels' power is largely predicated on US drug policy, as decriminalization would inevitably lead to domestic production of comparable or superior products.

It may surprise you that my intent is to attack not cops but current policy. We would benefit as a society by treating addiction as the illness it is rather than criminalizing it. We would benefit as a society by leaving people who choose to use drugs responsibly alone. I'm tired of my tax money being squandered on attempts to suppress one dangerous substance while alcohol, tobacco, and psychoactive perscription drugs are legally available. I don't drink, smoke, or use any recreational drugs other than caffeine, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize waste.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I abhor violence unless absolutely necessary. Objecting to people being thrown in jail and having their rights curtailed for smoking a little dope is not remotely comparable to approving of the cartels' murderous tactics. Frankly, that is either a non sequitur or simply a disingenuous argument thinly veiled as "just asking questions." The cartels' power is largely predicated on US drug policy, as decriminalization would inevitably lead to domestic production of comparable or superior products.

It may surprise you that my intent is to attack not cops but current policy. We would benefit as a society by treating addiction as the illness it is rather than criminalizing it. We would benefit as a society by leaving people who choose to use drugs responsibly alone. I'm tired of my tax money being squandered on attempts to suppress one dangerous substance while alcohol, tobacco, and psychoactive perscription drugs are legally available. I don't drink, smoke, or use any recreational drugs other than caffeine, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize waste.

Oh my God! You made sense. Atta boy, I knew you could do it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Oh my God! You made sense. Atta boy, I knew you could do it.

Every once in a blue moon - he hauls off with something decent, and I wind up agreeing with him. :D

There are better ways to fight a "war" on drugs than with prohibition, guns, bullets and force. The only good thing that prohibition of alcohol got us was NASCAR - and many of us question how good of a deal that was...

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand why they couldn't have just waited for him to walk out of his apartment and then grab him. Maybe they have a reason, I don't know. Just like Waco, could have gotten David Koresh going to the mailbox or the grocery store.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    mean spirited straight from the OP...but seeing as you kept insinuating that some of us would be devastated and that we may have knwon him, i take it you celebrated the spilling of this persons blood? all over a plant? id rather have loser pot smoking friends than someone as bitter and mean hearted as you sir...that is all

nice!

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I hope destro isn't the new police pr guy because frankly he she it sucks at pr.

The depths of human depravity never cease to amaze me.

snapping back at every perceived insult isn't helping your cause.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The officers had a legal right to be there, as the law is currently written.

Rambone, I think there's a big difference between an officer doing his job and enforcing the laws or a validly signed search warrant and some gun owner breaking in to a house.

Legal. You can always tell the where someone is in his evolution of the concept of freedom by his use of "legal" to excuse behavior that is wrong.

You're wasting your time. There is no distinction in their eyes based on the history of their responses. I have said the same thing many times over, but it make little difference.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've been watching a lot if documentaries lately, so I thought I'd post some here...

If you have Netflix, take a look at: The House I Live In.
    https://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_House_I_Live_In/70229263?locale=en-US

It's got some fascinating and disturbing insights from people on all sides of the drug war. The doc also shows how the same 4 step process has been used to suppress American Indians, Mexican immigrants, Chinese immigrants, African Americans and now white folk in historical order.

Not it to mention the cash cow prison system:
    1. Private prison company talks a small town into building a prison to create jobs and split revenue
    2. Prison and town now have incentive to keep prison beds full to fund the town and keep jobs
    3. Private prison lobbyists pound politicians hard to keep non-violent offenders coming in to fill beds
    4. Tax payers pay $78.50 per prisoner per day to private companies, ultimately owned by the top 1%
    5. Stock prices go up.
    6. Business is booming.

The War on a Drugs: 40 years, 45 million arrest, $1 trillion dollars

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wow, the depth of understanding here blows me away. All Republics are Democracies.

This is has been going around a lot here. It is like saying "no that isn't a dog it is a German Shepard"

Try again! Democracy is unlimited government by 51% vote. A republic is limited government (in our case government which is limited to functioning within the Constitution even though constitutional limits are routinely violated) which may have its positions filled by vote, but does not allow for the excesses that are inherent to a democracy. You are falling for a very dangerous deception. The only people who stand to gain from this myth that the United States is a democracy are those who wish to have whatever they can whip the crowd up into supporting without legal limits which are inherent to the republic.

Top Bottom