• ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Maybe they mean all our holsters that rub and give us blisters. :dunno:
    You obviously don't have the right holster then...

Or, put a lot of metal in your pockets, and go in everyday.
    That sounds like a good time. Perhaps get a few people to do it in a row... They do need to have legitimate banking business to conduct though and I'd probably suggest the metal be something that an ordinary person would possibly carry...

A big set of keys, a small flash light, a multi-tool, a big metal belt buckle...

A recent study shows that nearly 100% of bank robberies happen in banks...
    I don't believe it.

Well I guess we'll have to outlaw bank robbery. That'll solve the problem.
    Murder and rape should also be against the law because that would sure stop a lot of the more heinous crimes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Teller today asked me why I was carrying. Other tellers got a chuckle, cause I've been OCing there for 3+ years.
    I told her a police officer was tok heavy t o carry.
    Kinda funny, cause i was depositing pretty stuffed bank money bags.

Gee, why would i carry?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Teller today asked me why I was carrying. Other tellers got a chuckle, cause I've been OCing there for 3+ years.
    I told her a police officer was tok heavy t o carry.
    Kinda funny, cause i was depositing pretty stuffed bank money bags.

Gee, why would i carry?
    I usually respond to "Why are you carrying a gun?" with "Why not?"

One of two things then happen:
    1. They realize they really have no good reason in mind for me not to carry.
    2. I find out why they're against it.

Either way - it's entertaining.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Within the last month, a credit union near my home was robbed. It so happens that this CU has a sign on the door forbidding weapons on premises, even if one is licensed, and no exception is made (on the sign, anyway, though probably in enforcement of it) for police.

Funny thing... their sign did not protect them.

As it happens, I use that CU for a car loan, and am in there once a month. If they install those doors on the place, they will lose my business... since I will not be able to enter to make my payments.

OTOH, if there is a robbery while I'm in there... It'll be the safest the staff there have been all day.

I am hopeful that the robbers choose simply to run when confronted. I do not want to shoot anyone. Regardless, I will be going home to my family that night.

Blessings,
    Bill

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    One credit union I went into, you go into the foyer one at a time, they tell you to remove your hat and sunglasses if you are wearing them, then they buzz you in one at a time. I have not been back.

what I get from this thread is that only open carried weapons are dangerous.

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I open carry in my bang on a regular basis. Especially when i make deposits for work.

They have never said anything. just friendly and polite.

An armed man walking into a bank and leaving money?

They're probably thinking you don't quite understand the whole "robbery" thing...

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    CC'd this morning into IN Members CU by the Pyramids; first time I've carried into a bank. I was very comfortable. Did my business as usual--no one knew but me.

I've never bothered to notice "no gun" signs on banks before, but as I approached the door, all I saw an indication prohibiting was smoking. No reference to firearms seemed to be posted.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    CC'd this morning into IN Members CU by the Pyramids; first time I've carried into a bank. I was very comfortable. Did my business as usual--no one knew but me.

I've never bothered to notice "no gun" signs on banks before, but as I approached the door, all I saw an indication prohibiting was smoking. No reference to firearms seemed to be posted.

Well, if you fired your gun, you technically would be smoking! :):

Top Bottom