• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    All I know is banks are on of the more likely places to be robbed by an armed person. I would not enter one without a gun. Now, here is the part of the article that bugged me the most:

"It's certainly not something we would encourage," Johnson says. "What you'd be doing would be putting other people at risk."

Other people are already at risk. With that logic the police should never even begin to respond to a bank robbery until they know the robber is gone. Otherwise the police would put them at risk.

Rosemary Erickson agrees. As president of Athena Research Corp., a retail security consulting firm in Coral Gables, Florida, she characterizes people who carry weapons, whether open or concealed, as a serious problem for banks.

This is just the opinion of some anti-gun person based on no facts.

"The reason they're armed is that their intent is to fight back," she says.

Speaking for myself, and guessing others are the same, I am armed in order to protect myself and family in the event I NEED to fight back.

"If you're next to the guy who pulls out that gun, it changes the dynamics of the situation. If there is any resistance (during a robbery), you are much more likely to be injured. The most active resistance you can have is returning gunfire."

Emphasis added to this last quote. If they are already shooting, as the word "returning" indicates, then returning fire is the best thing you can do to stop the threat.

Last edited:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I've OC'd into IMCU for years (Avon, and now Brownsburg branches), never had a comment. Also, I bank at Chase for my business, and I OC in there AND bring my Vizsla. I get nothing but smiles. They even know her by name... (my dog, not my weapon...)

Top Bottom