• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rational

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Whiteland
    Why are you talking about guns at work? Guns and politics.....I stay away from those subjects like the plague at work. Even if you're in a conversation with someone that agrees with you, someone else will hear your opinion, and you're going to make things hard on yourself.

Talk about that stuff with friends after work is over.

That about sums it up for me. But add religion to the list of things I don't talk about at work. Let it slide off your back and come talk guns here at INGO, with any luck Mr. All chat no work will be gone sooner than later.

/rational

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Get him a yard sign as a gift........

This-Home-in-Gun-Free.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Why are you talking about guns at work? Guns and politics.....I stay away from those subjects like the plague at work. Even if you're in a conversation with someone that agrees with you, someone else will hear your opinion, and you're going to make things hard on yourself.

Talk about that stuff with friends after work is over.

This, right here.

I've had this happen in a previous job. It was a now defunct factory in Hartford City. A friend of mine that I grew up with worked there and was able to get me & my fiancee an interview. We worked in different sections but had breaks & lunches together. We would always talk about our new purchases or the latest range trip. After working there for about a year I was called into the office and flat out asked if I was carrying a gun into work. I told them no (true). They said they had reports of me flashing it around (flat out lie) and wanted me to empty my pockets and lift up my shirt and turn around. I told them it was ridiculous and unreasonable. They said do it or your fired right now. Since I needed my job I dumped my pockets and did as I was told. They told me someone had heard me bragging about it in the break room. I told them it was a lie. Instead of an apology I was given a stern warning not to let it happen again. They acted shocked when I asked them what exactly I was to not let happen. I insisted on knowing who was spreading this around and what was said. They told me that the person felt intimidated and they weren't going to tell me anything. I told them it was bull****, they told me to go back to work. Mike was sitting outside the HR office when they got done with me. He got the same treatment. Several times during the next month someone would show up at our line and ask us to empty our pockets while we were working. Both of us started looking for other work. Mike ended up staying, I was fired because my fiancee's father had a heart attach and died in the living room in front of us on a Friday. Her mother passed when she was 5 and she had no one else. We were on mandatory 12-16 hour days 6 days a week. They said she could have Fri, Sat, Sun off since it was her father, they told me to leave her alone at home and come to work. I said no and I would be back when it was taken care of. We both returned on Tuesday. They wrote her up for taking 4 days instead of 3 and fired me on the spot. We both told them to **** off and left. We were thrilled to see that place shut down a couple years after.

Firearms, politics & religion are things I don't discuss with anyone I happen to work with or don't know on a personal level. I've not fully trusted a co-worker since. Even here, I hold back some opinions and avoid certain discussions & topics.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Firearms, politics & religion are things I don't discuss with anyone I happen to work with or don't know on a personal level. I've not fully trusted a co-worker since. Even here, I hold back some opinions and avoid certain discussions & topics.
    I think you, and Seedubs, win the thread. This is the best advice, with an overwhelming amount of solid justification behind it.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I think you, and Seedubs, win the thread. This is the best advice, with an overwhelming amount of solid justification behind it.

100% disagree. You just work in the wrong place. We discuss these things daily at work and nobody gets their panties in a bunch bc we are all adults.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A few people at the mill have voiced an anti-gun opinion, and quickly realized they were in the minority.

I loved it.
    All their coworkers and friends were like, "what you don't carry?"

Sjachsvitra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Crothersville
    Shoot his ass. :):

Ok #1 Why does he even know you are pro gun?
    #2 If you've used your best material on him and he still can't engage common sense then don't talk about it anymore. You're just feeding a troll.

It got started by signing up for overtime and my supervisor asking why I would sign up not having to on my first week let alone my first day so I stated I'm Looking for as much ot as possible at least till I can afford to buy my first edc in 3 years. And r gun grabber started then. He has never shot a gun and refuted my invitation flatly. So I have employed not communicating unless it's about work only. Thanks guys!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If he wants to be an *******, let him know that's his business, and that you'll refuse to feed his pathetic ego, clearly starved for attention.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    It got started by signing up for overtime and my supervisor asking why I would sign up not having to on my first week let alone my first day so I stated I'm Looking for as much ot as possible at least till I can afford to buy my first edc in 3 years. And r gun grabber started then. He has never shot a gun and refuted my invitation flatly. So I have employed not communicating unless it's about work only. Thanks guys!

Your finances are none of his damn business. Threaten a lawsuit and Ill bet he wont push for personal details anymore. :)

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    2 things about work is that you never discuss religion and politics...ever. Any argument that has the potential to spitball out of hand isn't worth losing your job over. Always remember that your coworkers are not your friends. Be friendly and professional and that's all.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    2 things about work is that you never discuss religion and politics...ever. Any argument that has the potential to spitball out of hand isn't worth losing your job over. Always remember that your coworkers are not your friends. Be friendly and professional and that's all.
    Wow. I don't know that I would count my coworkers as friends, but I am certainly more than just friendly and professional with them.

When you are around someone as much as you are at work, it is always nice to know them a bit and actually talk to them about things. I've never had an argument about guns or politics at work, and have managed to not lose my job talking about either. The key is to be and act like an adult.

Top Bottom