• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baranjhn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Who likes Colt single actions? I though I show off one of my favorites. Colt 2nd generation SAA, made in 1963, in .357 and she is sporting a pair of vintage pearl grips. I had the action worked on by Joe Perkins at Classic Single Actions in Tucson, which is now soooo smooth and light. He did the fire blued screws as well.
    tempImage91LD2T.jpg

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My brother has a second gen that is like new condition buy no box.

I have a Inox Beretta Stampede.

Both are .45 LC.

Of all the guns I own, my son like shooting the Stampede the most.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a Stampede also that I bought from a friend who won it in a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation raffle. Fun gun. I've been looking for a SAA with a 7.5" bbl, blued, to run in a Paladin Holster (from Have Gun Will Travel).

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've been looking online hoping to find a
    Clone of the colt 1860 army.

Does that count?

And that pistol of yours is beautiful.

sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    Do you know how to do screws like that?

Grab by the threads with forceps, heat with torch for around 10 seconds and dip in old style transmission fluid...
    Actually, it takes a little more skill, but still not tough. It's fine in dim light so you can watch the color change happen.
    Wrong temp and you get s rainbow or straw yellow. The actual temp is about 750°F.
    Anyway, clean and polish the screws first. Mirror shine for the true beauty of fire blues.
    FULL synthetic motor oil works as well. The key is synthetic (ATF js been synthetic since the 50s.) Makes it similar to Sperm Whale oil, now very expensive.

Both my nickel revolvers have fire blue. But they look good on a Yellow Boy also!!

sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    Do you know how to do screws like that?

Grab by the threads with forceps, heat with torch for around 10 seconds and dip in old style transmission fluid...
    Actually, it takes a little more skill, but still not tough. It's fine in dim light so you can watch the color change happen.
    Wrong temp and you get s rainbow or straw yellow. The actual temp is about 750°F.
    Anyway, clean and polish the screws first. Mirror shine for the true beauty of fire blues.
    FULL synthetic motor oil works as well. The key is synthetic (ATF js been synthetic since the 50s.) Makes it similar to Sperm Whale oil, now very expensive.

Both my nickel revolvers have fire blue. But they look good on a Yellow Boy also
    My brother has a second gen that is like new condition buy no box.

I have a Inox Beretta Stampede.

Both are .45 LC.

Of all the guns I own, my son like shooting the Stampede the most.
    Been selling my .45 LC stuff. One nickled AWA went for $450 in my LGS last month. REALLY tuned, with a 2-1/2 lb trigger pull. Was a SASS shooter.
    He only kept 10%! One more to go.
    I'll be all .44-40 then.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nice looking revolver! I have some, but they don't look that good, mostly guns I've refurbished over the years.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have an unremarkable Heritage Arms clone, but that's it. I saw a Battle of Britain Colt SAA with a 4.75" barrel in .357 that I'd love to have if I had the extra $25k to blow on it haha :lmfao:

In all seriousness, does anyone have any information on first generation Colt SAA in .357? I know there were only around 500-600 made but otherwise I don't know anything about them. Did they handle the .357 mag very well?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have an unremarkable Heritage Arms clone, but that's it. I saw a Battle of Britain Colt SAA with a 4.75" barrel in .357 that I'd love to have if I had the extra $25k to blow on it haha :lmfao:

In all seriousness, does anyone have any information on first generation Colt SAA in .357? I know there were only around 500-600 made but otherwise I don't know anything about them. Did they handle the .357 mag very well?

I don't think Gen 1 was factory offered in .357 although a lot of Gen 1 guns were converted to fire other cartridges. Gen 2 you could get in .357.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I had a friend with an unfired original in the box...cylinder never turned since it left the factory. I got to see it but he wouldn't let anyone touch it.

His wife ran up 75k in credit card bills and when he got mad she took it hooked up with a Marine. He never saw the gun again or knew what happened to it though she did come crawling back about a year later.

Given what that thing would have gone for at auction there should have been a major investigation and jail time for folks...love is bind though and apparently stupid.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I don't think Gen 1 was factory offered in .357 although a lot of Gen 1 guns were converted to fire other cartridges. Gen 2 you could get in .357.
    Battle of Britain Colt SAA .357

There's a link to what I was referring to above. Colt made a handful of their Gen. 1 SAA's in .357 right before WWII broke out. Britain bought 19 .357s (9 of which that were 4.75" barrels) in their order of 163 after the loss of arms at Dunkirk and in preparation for the invasion that never came.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I have two 2nd generation .45's. Also a Bisley .45 (manufactured in 1907 if memory serves).

I also have a pair of Cimarron Thunderers, .45's, birdshead grips, 3.5" barrels. I used to carry the pair of them as my EDCs until my eyes got too bad to see those little sights in low light. Then I got my cataracts fixed. I'd love to carry them again but the way everything is turning to crap and ready to explode at any second I'm now carrying a 1911.

I got a letter from Colt for the Bisley. It's a .45 with a 5.5 inch barrel. When it left the factory it was a .32-20 with a 4 3/4 inch barrel. Go figure.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I know someone who carries a real nice gen 1 around gun shows. When people ask to buy it he just tells them, "The guy who is buying it had to go to the bank to get the $500, he should be getting back soon..."

Then he just sits back and watches them start to shake...

That's just mean.

Top Bottom