• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I am a fan; although, I don't own any. I have a couple of Uberti reproductions, a Wild Bill 1851 and a Lightning both in .38 Special. I've been watching vintage Colts on GB for about a year. The real McCoys are spendy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've decided to go with the Ruger Blackhawk 45colt when I find one I like. I'd like to have one in stainless steel if they make them in stainless steel.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    New here but thought I would contribute to the topic. Would a USFA 45LC Qualify? Not a colt but made "Under the Blue Dome" at the former Colt manufacturing facility from the original blueprints. I bought this gun new and have had it for years but have not had the heart to shoot it. IMG_1715reduced.jpg
    The Turnbull color case hardening is fantastic.

I decided to get a Ruger in 357 to shoot instead. Still a nice gun with the flattop frame.
    IMG_1719reduced.jpg
    IMG_1720reduced.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    USFA gun definitely sell at a premium, and that's a nice one. I think people will continue to pay the top dollar for the Gen 1 guns.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    Thank you. It is a beautiful single action - probably too nice for me. Have no idea what they go for now. I wish I had also bought a matching Rodeo to shoot when I got the single action. I think they were about $600 at the time. Of course, there have been a lot of bargains I passed up through the years not knowing they were bargains.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    Who likes Colt single actions? I though I show off one of my favorites. Colt 2nd generation SAA, made in 1963, in .357 and she is sporting a pair of vintage pearl grips. I had the action worked on by Joe Perkins at Classic Single Actions in Tucson, which is now soooo smooth and light. He did the fire blued screws as well.
    View attachment 131045
    That is a beautiful 2nd gen Colt. The pearl grips and screws really set it off. And in 357 to boot. Would love to have one in my collection but a little out of my pay grade in today's market.

Top Bottom