• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Living in the city limits I've had to learn to defend my vegetable garden with a Gamo Shadow rifle with scope, and a wrist rocket. The Gamo is a break barrel 1000 FPS and has seen a lot of action for 10 years. Still going strong. I've taken down many rabbits, groundhogs and raccoons with her. The newer models are even better. Highly recommended.

Hopefully that city isnt Indy... because apparently ANY projectile even if powered by springs or compressed air is as illegal as a firearm to discharge. :(

Kryptonite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Hopefully that city isnt Indy... because apparently ANY projectile even if powered by springs or compressed air is as illegal as a firearm to discharge. :(

Guess I'll stick with scarecrows and traps until I find out about the regs in my small town. An off grid mini farm is sounding better all the time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WE shoot pellet in the backyard all the time. Proper back stop and safety. Neighbors do not care as we have kept the Varmint population in check for a long time. They no longer loose lawn furniture to tree rats, veggies to ground dwellers etc.....

There are 2 possums that are not long for this world running through the yard lately. Saw them both last night but pellet rifle in the house. They were gone when I ran in to get it.
    Ours is a Gamo 1000 FPS .177 and it is sufficient for most anything.

Ebrueckmann

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a benjamin sheridan air rifle thats .177 caliber and it does just fine for me on squirrels and rabbits although a headshot is needed to dispatch the game quickly.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I think it's a good idea. You can get a decent rifle, 10,000 rounds (pellets), and a few extra seals for <$300. To top it off a lot of them are fairly quiet.

Top Bottom